Why become a member? ×

Carvin Bunny Brunell 5 Fretless

Ghost_Bass

Hi

A friend of mine had just offered me to trade this bass for my Trace Elliot amp. I liked the idea of a direct trade because i would get rid of the amp (hard to sell at a reasonable price, they're underated) and gain a bass that would be more easily sellable...
The plus: it's a fretless! I always liked to try one and now i have the chance. The minus: it's a fretless... not many buyers available...
I haven't held the bass yet but i fully trust my friend when he says it's in near perfect condition.

My main problem is that i don't know this basses, i've searched the web and only found info on the newer models...
I come here in search for opinions, advises, and a fair evaluation of it's current market price. If i decide to get it i'll put it FT in the sales seccion, if anybody wants to show any early interest in a deal it will add weight to my decision.

I'll leave you with some pics and get back to you later to try and answer some Q's:
[attachment=72309:01_Carvi...Fretless.jpg]
[attachment=72310:02_Carvi...Fretless.jpg]
[attachment=72311:03_Carvi...Fretless.jpg]
[attachment=72312:04_Carvi...Fretless.jpg]
[attachment=72313:05_Carvi...Fretless.jpg]

Thank you :)

edit: corrected some grammar...

Edited by Ghost_Bass

So... nobody knows or heard of them?!! Are they that bad or that good?

IIRC, it's price new was something like £1400 - yes, basses are realy expensive in my country... a Stingray5 in my local store is priced at £1900!!!

Maybe the right people haven't seen it yet... sort of BUMP!

Cheers

As Chris2112 says, it could be to with the nature of the company. I believe they're made in the US and you can only buy them direct from the company, ie no authorised distributors. Keeps overheads down, but that approach also seems to diminish the prestige factor. It might make things a bit harder to market overseas.

Yeah! I undestand what you are saying. I always thought of Carvin as a Amp maker... never knew they made guitars also.
I'm in a limbo... the bass looks good and i realy wanted to ditch the Trace and would love to try a fretless but i didn't wanted to get stuck with something with no sales value...

What do you think? £700ish for it is expensive (half the new price)? Would i make a better deal with a trade? Should i forget about it and keep the Trace a little longer?

Thanks for the replys, i knew there was somebody out there :)
Cheers

These are excellent basses, and the BB is the best in my opinion due to scale and offset board string spacing etc. The boards are ebony and computer machine ground for accuracy. It should be worth £700. But timing and the name does not carry the price. It is worth more as a good solid accurate instrument than what you will sell it for so hang on to it. I would rather have one of these than a Trace amp at the moment. So probably a good swap