Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Epifani UL212 WITHDRAWN

Ruck

[quote name='obbm' post='1127947' date='Feb 15 2011, 08:37 AM']Can I ask why you didn't just replace the faulty speaker.[/quote]

Or get it repaired? The Aguilar speakers are likely to have different performance characteristics, designed for Aguilar Cabs.

Well the only shop I found who you can order replacement drivers in the UK rarely replied to me but said 'we'll but it on our next shipment order because we can only order them from USA' and they never got back to me even after emailing them a reminder. So then the Bass Merchants answered my plea for help on here, Basschat, offering me two Aguilar 12"s they had in stock and because Epifani and Aguilar both use Eminence drivers I thought little of it. Both makes of cab use very similar sized cabinets.

Had to replace both speakers as I was told by everyone that you should for fear of putting extra load on one driver if the other is different. Sounds massively loud as it ever was and I really didnt notice any difference after the swap.

Edited by Ruck

[quote name='BassBunny' post='1128022' date='Feb 15 2011, 09:35 AM']Or get it repaired? The Aguilar speakers are likely to have different performance characteristics, designed for Aguilar Cabs.[/quote]

Also correct me if Im wrong but this is one of the first series of UL212 cabinets and not the UL2 212 featuring the front grill with the larger holes. What was strongly advised to me was that I had to be certain both drivers in the cab are the same otherwise I would of run the risk of having more load on one driver therefore eventually blowing another driver.

As the drivers used in the UL2 are different to the originals I sought after ordering another pair via a UK supplier but as I said before hand that never took off... So hence why I opted to use the Aguilar drivers instead. Because they were equally spec'd and readily available. So even with new replacement Epifani/Eminence speakers ordered from USA they wouldn't have been an optimum choice for this cabinet as even the new UL2 212 are differently constructed cabs...

This is all getting abit confusing :) but understandably when spending this amount of money people want to know everything. The best thing I suggest if you're not too far away come and have a go on it! However dont hesitate to ask anymore questions, I'll answer to the best of my knowledge.

Top Quality Eminence drivers in a lightweight but solidly constructed cabinet BUMP!

No one even going to make an offer? man I feel that the first two posts have shot this sale dead in the water...

*EDIT sorry about this comment guys I bear no ill will towards you*

Edited by Ruck