Why become a member? ×

Too many pedals for my board!!

Gunsfreddy2003

[quote name='Gunsfreddy2003' post='1130332' date='Feb 16 2011, 10:04 PM']That is what is appealing about the BEF is that from the demo's on the web it seems to do everything from MuTron to Synth with everything in between which is really good but without user presets I think there could be a great deal of time spent knob fiddling! I think that is how I ended up with so many filters I just like to have a sound set up and then click it on when needed. Not sure that I could cope with the O.S. and all those settings!!

Beginning to think that I might just have to buy a Pedaltrain Mini to go alongside the PT-2 or just live with exchanging pedals off the board for different gigs.[/quote]
yeh, i know where you're coming from, which is why i suggested the two small boards option near the start of this thread.

i play in a punk/hardcore band, and jam with a couple of mates doing dub/dubstep/noise/d'n'b aswell.

it pees me off detatching pedals from boards, changing signal paths etc..so i'm still trying to get the right set-up.

the b.e.f. is exactly as you describe, and i can't wait for the 'pro' version !

i spend far too much time twiddling with my knob already. :)

• 3 months later...

We expect the BEF Pro to be available in Europe in late summer or early fall. There is QUITE a lot going in the pedal, so please feel free to send any questions about it my way!

Working on the demo clips/videos of it right now!

Will

Can you give a sneaky preview of what will be in it?

The main reason that I did not buy a BEF in the end was because you cannot save different sounds and without that it just can't replace my other filters.

[quote name='itswac' post='1258571' date='Jun 6 2011, 04:40 PM']We expect the BEF Pro to be available in Europe in late summer or early fall. There is QUITE a lot going in the pedal, so please feel free to send any questions about it my way!

Working on the demo clips/videos of it right now!

Will[/quote]

Not true!

I use some for more synthy based sounds and some for down right funk. To achieve these you need the filters set differently and in particular the sweep up or down and re-setting that all the time on just one pedal would be a big pain in the arse!

[quote name='GarethFlatlands' post='1258611' date='Jun 6 2011, 04:58 PM']You need one tasteful filter sound. Bin the rest.

I may be biased though as I don't like filters, or indeed most modulation pedals.[/quote]

[quote name='Gunsfreddy2003' post='1258585' date='Jun 6 2011, 11:50 AM']Can you give a sneaky preview of what will be in it?

The main reason that I did not buy a BEF in the end was because you cannot save different sounds and without that it just can't replace my other filters.[/quote]

Absolutely. Here are pics of the face:

[attachment=81888:IMG_0317.jpg]
[attachment=81889:IMG_0318.jpg]

As you can see, it has the Pro Series interface that allows for up to 6 saveable presets. In terms of sound, what will really knock your pants off is the LFO sequencer settings. You can see all of the available wave shapes on the right side of the graphic EQ. Some of these settings create a sequencer-like sound in the overtones of your playing. So, as you hold down a low G, for example, you can hear it arpeggiating in the harmonics of the note.

To help nail down the proper tempo for the LFO settings, we've given you the option of converting the right-most footswitch to a tap-tempo switch.

There is quite a bit more to it than that. That list that you see on in between the footswitches is a quick guide to all of the selectable functions for an expression pedal. We can get deeper into that and some other features if people are interested.

Wow that looks the business.

Any idea yet on the pricing for such a beast!

[quote name='itswac' post='1258623' date='Jun 6 2011, 05:05 PM']Absolutely. Here are pics of the face:

[attachment=81888:IMG_0317.jpg]
[attachment=81889:IMG_0318.jpg]

As you can see, it has the Pro Series interface that allows for up to 6 saveable presets. In terms of sound, what will really knock your pants off is the LFO sequencer settings. You can see all of the available wave shapes on the right side of the graphic EQ. Some of these settings create a sequencer-like sound in the overtones of your playing. So, as you hold down a low G, for example, you can hear it arpeggiating in the harmonics of the note.

To help nail down the proper tempo for the LFO settings, we've given you the option of converting the right-most footswitch to a tap-tempo switch.

There is quite a bit more to it than that. That list that you see on in between the footswitches is a quick guide to all of the selectable functions for an expression pedal. We can get deeper into that and some other features if people are interested.[/quote]

[quote name='GarethFlatlands' post='1258611' date='Jun 6 2011, 04:58 PM']You need one tasteful filter sound. Bin the rest.[/quote]

Hmm.

FWIW I had four filters on my board for a while, in the end I got a O.S. and gradually sold all the other filters. I also don't have a fuzz on my board any more, I just use the O.S.

I wish it did treadle control though, that's the one feature it's missing. But TBH it needs to go near the start of your chain if you're going to use the oscillator sounds, so maybe two filters is actually the ideal - having a second treadle-operated filter for manual sweeps.