Why become a member? ×

Feeler: 1990/1091 MIJ Squier Precision in candy apple (?) red

setekh

Hi,

I bought this not very long ago here in BC, but it isn't getting played. I just don't fancy P-basses all that much, and since I jumped on the Sue Ryder bandwagon, this one is now slurpus to requirements. That being said, it is a great bass, with it's share of chips and dents (after all, it is 20 years old, but I quite like the look) and a slim neck - which is why I was interested.

Given the circumstances, I am open to trades - perhaps for a MM SUB, an Ibanez SR500/700 or something very pointy with an Explorer shape? Of course, money would also have to change hands.

[s]I can also be persuaded to let it go to a good home for a firm £150. That's how much I paid for it and, truth be told, it is nothing short of a bargain. Still, I'd prefer to trade it.[/s] Trade offers only, now. If nothing comes up in the next few days, it will be sold according to the first user who offered to buy it (and there are already a few members offering to take it if the sale falls through)

Anyway, if there's interest, I'll post some pictures of the bass and some close-ups of the damage.

Edited by setekh

[quote name='Stuee' post='1118804' date='Feb 7 2011, 12:36 PM']Piccies please? Or a link to the last seller's topic?

Ta! :)[/quote]
Sure. [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=109053&hl=MIJ+squier"]Here's the link to the previous for sale top[/url]ic.

I'll try to get some pics up tonight or tomorrow morning (though it is in the same condition).

Edited by setekh

[quote name='nick' post='1119141' date='Feb 7 2011, 05:27 PM']You'll regret selling that bass Celso! :)[/quote]
I suppose that's very likely. I just don't feel good about keeping a bass that I don't use all that much and could easily be someone else's gigging instrument. It sounds great and even the neck feels great, but the honeymoon period has passed. For me to keep it I'd have to add a humbucker, and bastardizing it is just out of the question.

[quote name='Bassassin' post='1119130' date='Feb 7 2011, 05:17 PM']£150 is a silly for an MIJ Squier.

The difference between this & an MIJ Fender is, well - a sticker. [b]If I was a P user I'd be all over this.[/b]

Jon.[/quote]
That's the only reason it's being flogged. Hopefully, my taste won't change :)

Lots of interest in a straight sale, but loudandclear already has dibs and there are other potential interested as well.

I'd still prefer to trade it, though. If not for the models I mentioned, for something with at least one humbucker (a cheap-ish Corvette $$ in nirvana black being the clear winner). Just try me - the worst thing I can say is no.