Why become a member? ×

SOLD: Sandberg Basic 4

Gazmond

[attachment=71225:DSCF1829.JPG]
This Sandberg basic with natural matt finish is a joy to play. I am selling it in absolutely immaculate condition. Comes with Hiscox hard case as I felt the soft bag it came with was not protection enough for such a nice guitar. They sell for £800-900 new. Not played for a year or so, selling as I need the money.

Selling for £550

I'm based in Bury, north of Manchester.

Edited by Gazmond

[quote name='ezbass' post='1116432' date='Feb 5 2011, 12:33 PM']Fabulously built, great sounding basses. Where else can you get a genuinely handbuilt bass for that kind of money? Love my PM4. Have a bump on me.[/quote]

Cheers buddy. I must have played about 50 basses around Manchester before I settled on it. It is a cracking guitar.

I'm just wondering as i'm new to this site, what does bump mean?!!

Having just picked up a Sandberg California in the past week, I can testify to just how awesome these basses are. Amazing build quality, killer tone and superb electronics. What more could you want?!

The 3-band EQ will give excellent tonal variation for a 1 pickup instrument.

If I had the readies, I'd buy this in a moment.

[quote name='chuck_stones' post='1134664' date='Feb 20 2011, 07:04 PM']I really wish I could take this off your hands. Sandbergs are my new favourite things in the bass world. Truly fantastic basses in every sense.[/quote]

Cheers for the thumbs up.

Someone needs to buy this now! Since owning my Basic PM4 I've become a bit of a 'Berg evangelist. Guys you won't find this build quality and tone at this price anywhere else, literally. Sandbergs are sooo way beyond Fender (and other mainstream manufacturers) build quality and the p/ups and pre amp are a joy. Have an over enthusiastic bump on me.

Phew I think I need to lay down :)

This looks very nice; a few questions:

What's the neck profile on this like (I can't find any details of this on the Sandberg site)?

Is that £550 delivered?

What's the balance like on this - is it neck heavy at all, any neck dive? Does it stay where you put it or gravitate to a particular angle?

Thanks.

[quote name='Ian2k' post='1143657' date='Feb 27 2011, 06:41 PM']This looks very nice; a few questions:

What's the neck profile on this like (I can't find any details of this on the Sandberg site)?

Is that £550 delivered?

What's the balance like on this - is it neck heavy at all, any neck dive? Does it stay where you put it or gravitate to a particular angle?

Thanks.[/quote]

Hi Ian,

The neck is quite slim with a gentle curved profile , easy to reach when playing but it still feels very solid.

The guitar stays put when playing, it's perfectly balanced (it really is brilliant!).

It's not £550 delivered, i'm not too keen on sending with a courier. I'd rather you see it first then there's no worry of it getting a bump in transit. I'm based just outside of Manchester, is that a bit too far?

[quote name='TRBboy' post='1144932' date='Feb 28 2011, 08:31 PM']Hi there!

Quite interested in your bass, just wondered if you would be happy for me to get it collected by a courier I trust?[/quote]

I'm happy if you're happy! Just never shipped anything much bigger than a birthday card before so not totally sure how it all works...

[quote name='Gazmond' post='1145034' date='Feb 28 2011, 09:26 PM']I'm happy if you're happy! Just never shipped anything much bigger than a birthday card before so not totally sure how it all works...[/quote]

It's usually fine - i've done it with other basses. It's a courier we use at work and it would be fully insured.

I just need to see if I can raise the funds quick enough now! Definitely keen though.

Hi again, if it's still available I'm very interested in buying your bass. I probably won't be able to get the money together until the end of this week - would that be ok?

Also wondered if you can move on the price at all, say £500?

Thanks

[quote name='TRBboy' post='1145639' date='Mar 1 2011, 12:49 PM']Hi again, if it's still available I'm very interested in buying your bass. I probably won't be able to get the money together until the end of this week - would that be ok?

Also wondered if you can move on the price at all, say £500?

Thanks[/quote]

I can reserve it for you 'til the end of the week if you want.

I want to keep it at £550 though as I had it on musicalads and preloved for a while at £650 so I don't really want to drop again.

Ta, Gareth

That would be great if you could keep it for me Gareth!

You should have my email and phone details from musicalads now, so text me your details and I'll keep you updated.

Time to beg, steal and borrow............

Just a few questions:

You describe it as immaculate; are there no signs of use at all, or minor wear?

How long have you owned it and did you buy it new?

Is everything in good working order, and the neck nice and true with no twist or warp?

Sorry if I'm being a pain in the ass, but it's a lot of dosh to me so I need to make sure it's right!

Thanks,

Oli.