Why become a member? ×

Bass Lessons

Blademan_98

I just had my first bass lesson.

It was absolutely brilliant!

At 45 and after playing guitar on and off for years, taking lessons seemed a bit strange.

Within ten minutes, I found my hand positions, both left and right, were incorrect :)

My tutor (Fingerz from this forum) made me feel at ease.

I have lots of exercises to practice until the next lesson.

I left his house with a fair old buzz and couldn't wait to get home and review what I had learned.

You are never to old for lessons and it's always worth checking your technique.

Here's to the future :)

[quote name='munkonthehill' post='1113192' date='Feb 2 2011, 11:01 PM']Amazing buddy. Practice practice practice. I for one mainly went over scales tonight rather than dick about on this forum which I seem to be on more than my bass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

However,,,,,,,,,,,,,,here I am again hahahaha[/quote]
I do seem to find myself drawn to this forum far too much!

[quote name='Blademan_98' post='1113224' date='Feb 2 2011, 11:15 PM']I do seem to find myself drawn to this forum far too much![/quote]
+1 :) although I tend to come here after some sort of playing most nights gigged Saturday, played a bit yesterday, rehearsal earlier and rehearsal with my other band tomorrow so that's a few hours (9ish) already this week.

OT though I have been thinking about taking a few lessons mainly on timing and theory/basic reading etc generally just raising my game really. I have been playing with some great players for a while and would like to keep it that way and even though it's not to earn a living my enjoyment of playing with players of that standard makes me realise why I like doing it. I'm on the verge of being one of those players that won't do open jams which used to piss me off as I thought they were egotistical knobs but doing a bad three numbers with someone awful knocks my confidence back, Although I still enjoy it when it works so for now I'm happy to do them it's just that I can see why some people don't now.

Time and money seam to be my only obstacles for lessons right now and who to go to, Staffs area? Doddy maybe?

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' post='1113266' date='Feb 2 2011, 11:46 PM']Time and money seam to be my only obstacles for lessons right now and who to go to, Staffs area? Doddy maybe?[/quote]

If you want to have a chat about things,feel free to get in touch.

[quote name='Doddy' post='1113348' date='Feb 3 2011, 01:23 AM']If you want to have a chat about things,feel free to get in touch.[/quote]
Thanks Doddy I was going to pop in to Lichfield when you were there but I was too busy in fact I was there twice gigging but the opposite end of the Lichfield gig scene to you, Kings head and The Feathers :)

I will give you a pm from my pc when I get ten minutes spare, Thanks