Why become a member? ×

An odd place to find new motivation....?

The Burpster

So without going into the boring details I find myself living on my own again. The last few months haven't been fun, and the thing that's suffered most is playing.....

So herein lies the funny thing -
Part of my settling in my new digs, is liberating my CD collection from the ex's place and having them out to play -
ALSO having set up a hi-fi again to play them through. ( ipods were about the limit of the ex's musical prowess!).

I haven't gone overboard with the set up but optimised it - its a Fatman with a TEAC CD player but re-valved and QED connects and speaker cables. So what? you say....

Well....

I've started listening to music again, no - [u]really listening[/u] - and can after 10 yrs of sh!t compressed MP3 can finally hear it again..... WOW ! what have I been missing? some of the bass lines are way more simple than I've been trying to emulate, although some are considerably more complex... :)

Listening to CDs how the artist (or mixer) wanted it to be heard is a revelation - I urge you all to get your CDs out and forget the convenience of MP3 ! !!!

Oh and to reason for the post, my finger tips hurt again from trying to play new stuff - not felt that for about 6 years! :)