Why become a member? ×

Tascam MP-BT1 Memory Question

Hot Tub

[quote name='Hot Tub' post='1111006' date='Feb 1 2011, 02:04 PM']I probably know the answer to this, but is there any way to expand the memory on these bass trainers? Mine is full but I've got another dozen or so songs that I want to add, and there'll be tons more as time goes on....

:)[/quote]

No, they're fixed. Its replacement the GB-10 uses SD cards. Your only hope would be to crack it open and see if there is some replaceable memory module inside it, but I doubt it. Other than that, you'll just have to have a clear out.

I've had my MP-BT1 apart (don't ask) and it definitely uses a small plug in memory card about 20mm square which could probably be physically upgraded to a higher capacity card. Whether the MB-BT1 software would recognise or use it is a different matter.

The GB10 looks like a bit of a curates egg compared to the MB_BT1.

Good:

Fine adjustment of the loop round positions
Recording (if you'd use that - I don't think I would)
More direct control with hard buttons - less menu structure
User exchangeable memory card

Bad:

No bass boost/cut on the track playback (I use this a lot)
(Actually I would have liked full graphic tone control on the playback)
Not internally rechargeable.
Physical size (wouldn't want to get this out on a plane)

Other things I would have hoped for would be the ability to save the PLayback pitch & Speed for each track individually.
Hopefully the pitch change feature works better than the one on the MB-BT1

Not really enough there to make me trade in my BT1.

All IMHO obviously.

Edited by Count Bassy

[quote name='Count Bassy' post='1111694' date='Feb 1 2011, 10:03 PM']Bad:

No bass boost/cut on the track playback (I use this a lot)
Not internally rechargeable.[/quote]

Yeah, I had a read through the owner's manual after posting, and it seems they've missed the point a bit. I wouldn't mind using it with a mains power supply, but the whole point of the "Bass Trainer" is the ability to boost/enhance the bass to learn it, then cut it out when required. Think I'll be hanging on to mine for a while yet.

[quote name='lapolpora' post='1111710' date='Feb 1 2011, 10:12 PM']Howabout re-importing your music at a lower mp3 bandwidth? Or have you done that already?[/quote]

Planning on doing that tomorrow. Should free up a decent amount of space. I'll have a play around first and see what the different resolutions sound like.

:)