Why become a member? ×

Rare and early Trace Elliot GP7 4x10 combo

parker_muse

Today ladies and gentleman, we have something altogether a bit special

From what I understand this is an early 1980s GP7 4x10 combo and is one of the first that they made. No tolex/carpet/vinyl covering, this bad boy is bare wood painted black (the idea being you could ding it on tour and then touch it up after - nice!). 150 of the most powerful trace watts you could possibly imagine. The power amp is 300 watts but ticks over at 150 unless you add an 8 ohm cab... god bless your ears if you wish to do so. Its mind numbingly loud for what I do at 150 watts (gigs to 150-200 people, sometimes more) so unless you're really going some you wont need that extra oomph.

Tone wise, this thing is what invented 'trace tone'. Glassy highs, stomach shattering lows and the pre shape lets you burst through the mix at your hearts desire. I've used this at two gigs and got nothing but compliments from the band and spectators. I run a Westone Thunder 1 strung with flats through this and it just oozes out old school sexy tones - giving it a distinctive tone but letting the sound of the bass come through. I've used it with an old Musicman Sabre and needless to say it sang then but in its own special way.

Condition wise, considering its age and original use as a tour slave, it's in damn good condition. A few chips in the wood here and there but nothing serious. The white caps in the graphic EQ have been replaced with yellow ones. I believe it was serviced not long before I got it in November and i can assure you it is in perfect working order.

Now, the reason i'm selling this is because of transport and weight. I live on the first floor in a block of flats at Uni. I can't drive - but band transport (ala the rest of the band on their Fiat Cinqucentos, Peugeot 106s, and Corsas) makes life difficult. It wont fit in the boot of the cars and the seats have to go down which is really impractical. Did i mention the weight? It weighs as much as a fully grown woman (who doesn't know the offside rule).

If you've got a decent sized car, this thing is perfect for you. Its really sad to see it go but i just can't defend owning such a big lump with our situation.

Therefore, i'd be looking for trades on something more compact and easy to transport. 300 watts region. Hit me up with what you've got. If no one is interested in trades i'll put a sale price up in a week or so. ALSO FOR SALE NOW.

Naturally, as explained, due to its weight and my lack of private transport you'll have to come to me to get it i'm afraid. The amp is in Birmingham (Selly Oak to be precise) but i can get it down to Gloucester/Cheltenham if this will help.

Pics to come in the next hour or so. EDIT they're up.

Thanks for looking, any questions I will try to answer.

Tom

Edited by parker_muse

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It weighs 47kg from memory. Its not light!

Haven't got a tape measure/ruler on me (i'm a crap student) but with an excellent understand of how long a 30cm ruler is from memory (about 30cm) i guesstimate at this;

Width: 65cm
Height: 80cm
Depth: 30cm

It's altogether quite compact for such a beast!

Tom