Why become a member? ×

Markbass Combo needs repairing in Kent...

theosd

It's only a small issue and having gigged this amp solidly for over 3 years now I'm not too aggrieved. The input jack socket has become loose and often requires me to jiggle the lead about to get it to connect and is [i]way[/i] too fiddly for me to be arsing about with it. Any ideas of a cost effective place to take this to to get it sorted in Kent? Preferably near Medway?

[quote name='theosd' post='1106748' date='Jan 28 2011, 09:32 PM']It's only a small issue and having gigged this amp solidly for over 3 years now I'm not too aggrieved. The input jack socket has become loose and often requires me to jiggle the lead about to get it to connect and is [i]way[/i] too fiddly for me to be arsing about with it. Any ideas of a cost effective place to take this to to get it sorted in Kent? Preferably near Medway?[/quote]

I can't point you to anyone specific (I don't know the area), but if it is simply a duff jack socket the it should be well within the capabilities of just about anyone who has some experience of using a soldering iron.

If you need to hand it in to a music shop to get it fixed, assuming it is just the jack socket, then you're probably looking at 30 mins labour charge and a couple of quid for a replacement socket - so a comparatively cheap repair.

[quote name='theosd' post='1106820' date='Jan 28 2011, 10:50 PM']It doesn't look like a regular jack socket otherwise I'd have sorted it myself... It's well and truly part of the circuitboard :/[/quote]

Ah.
PCB mounted ones are a bit fiddlier to source and fit... :)
You'd better double the guesstimates about pricing.

Is there not a MarkBass dealer down your way that you could hand it over to?

[quote name='icastle' post='1106856' date='Jan 28 2011, 11:22 PM']Ah.
PCB mounted ones are a bit fiddlier to source and fit... :)
You'd better double the guesstimates about pricing.

Is there not a MarkBass dealer down your way that you could hand it over to?[/quote]

I doubt it. However they were really nice in replacing the handle so they might send over a free replacement for that also... Worth a try perhaps.