Why become a member? ×

Ashdown scratchy pot

blunderthumbs

[quote name='blunderthumbs' post='1104882' date='Jan 27 2011, 11:40 AM']To anybody who can help.
I have an Ashdown ABM 500w 2x10 combo, The input gain control is quite scratchy when using
Can anybody advise me what to spray into it to quieten it down. I did think a short blast of
WD-40 might do the trick. Any ideas ??
thanks[/quote]

Servisol Super 10 or equivalent switch/contact cleaner.

Hi just as an addition I use Caig's Deoxit D5 as recommended in sound on sound mag. It's a bit pricey but has saved no end of pots other cleaners couldn't. They recommend it because unlike other cleaners it leave no residue (the residue can cause dust to stick make the problem return) It certainly did cure the same prob on my ashdown and its still good 2 years later. :)

[quote name='eddies left thumb' post='1109736' date='Jan 31 2011, 05:21 PM']Hi just as an addition I use Caig's Deoxit D5 as recommended in sound on sound mag. It's a bit pricey but has saved no end of pots other cleaners couldn't. They recommend it because unlike other cleaners it leave no residue (the residue can cause dust to stick make the problem return) It certainly did cure the same prob on my ashdown and its still good 2 years later. :)[/quote]

+1 - yeah def have a look at the Caig DeOxit stuff - and look at the range for general cleaning too - connectors etc.
Basically - if it's grease / oil problems - isopropyl alcohol ; Oxidisation - Caig DeOxit ( not cheap but will last for ages )