Why become a member? ×

Sadowsky Nyc Standard 5

Gwilym

A bit of Sadowsky pr0m.

I love the simplicity of the looks, and that it sounds pretty good too. It was the pick of the bunch for me when I first tried it at the Sadowsky showroom in Brooklyn back in September 2009. Unfortunately I couldn't stretch to buying it at that time. After prevaricating for a while, it sold and I thought that was that, then last October it turned up on Basschat and it had found its way to France, but I didn't see the advert until it sold once again.
Luckily for me it came back up for sale, and then not for sale, and finally I was able to arrange to buy it. I made the trip to Paris to collect last Sunday, almost cheaper than shipping, and safe with the knowlege that I'm the only once chucking the case around on the way back to London :)
I'm loving ebony boards at the moment, they seem to give a really quick response/attack on the note and this one's no exception.
Here's the picture off the Sadowsky website...

[attachment=70108:5304_full_lg.jpg]

EDIT: and it's only 7.85lbs !! Really light for a 5er. Good for my back and shoulder as I get older, no doubt! :)

Edited by Gwilym

Funny, I looked at the picture before reading the text and thought to myself 'I like the simplicity of that and the contrast of the ligh colour body against the dark rosewood board'
Then the read the first line of your comments...

[quote name='Gwilym' post='1104400' date='Jan 26 2011, 09:20 PM']I love the simplicity of the looks,[/quote]

Edited by Platypus

[quote name='Platypus' post='1104423' date='Jan 26 2011, 09:39 PM']Funny, I looked at the picture before reading the text and thought to myself 'I like the simplicity of that and the contrast of the ligh colour body against the dark rosewood board'
Then the read the first line of your comments...[/quote]

great minds think alike? :D

[quote name='jonzbass' post='1104441' date='Jan 26 2011, 09:51 PM']Hey Gwilym ,

glad to see she is now yours ! a tremendous instrument for sure, so bad I feel naked when a bass has less than 6 strings :)
cheers
Jan[/quote]

thanks Jan, yes it all worked out ok in the end :)

[quote name='owen' post='1105862' date='Jan 28 2011, 08:43 AM']Chwaethus![/quote]

Owen, roedd rhaid i fi edrych hynna i fynu yn y geriadur! :P Stylish indeed!

[quote name='EskimoBassist' post='1105870' date='Jan 28 2011, 08:51 AM']Now that is love and dedication![/quote]

hehe, not when you think that it's quicker/easier for me to get to Paris from London than it is most of the places that I visit in the UK! :lol: