Why become a member? ×

AMPEG SVP All valve 1u preamp -SOLD

Dood

[attachment=5164:Gear006.JPG]

[attachment=5165:Gear007.JPG]

Hi guys, you all know what this is! All Valve PRO preamp from the monsters of bass tone ;o)

AND this one comes with the added bonus of a brand spanking new set of Harma Diamond STR valves in. These fine examples are a Telefunken (ECC803s I think) replica that are some of the best around!

[url="http://www.watfordvalves.com/products_harma.asp"]http://www.watfordvalves.com/products_harma.asp[/url]

Pre is in great condition as you can see. There an odd bit of rack rash on the top and bottom, and a little bit round the rack ears.. but no marking to the front panel.

The SVP is on sale as I now have a Mark Bass F1.. and I am making a silly mistake selling it.. but I'd rather do it before I change my mind.... oh.. and I REALLY need some new tyres for my motor!! ;o)
[b]
£300 [/b]. I can not haggle on this.. you are however welcome to come pick up. PM me as I will get an email notification through...

Dood.

***The SVP is the full all valve preamp section from the SVT2 PRO valve head. Ampeg no longer advertise this preamp on their website as it has been discontinued. Own SVT tone for a fraction of the price! ***

[quote name='dood' post='128163' date='Jan 26 2008, 10:38 AM']If I maybe so bold to bump back on to page one. Check the updated price ^^^^^^^^^.[/quote]

Hi Dood,

I could be interested - I want to change from my peavey max700 to a preamp and power amp. I was thinking of either the PJ bass buddy preamp or the EBS preamp.

Your ampeg looks like a good option. What power amp do you use it with, or what would you recommend?

Cheers

Martin

Pretty much any decent power amp will be fine. Get the best you can afford! I g=have been using a Powersoft 2004 with mine, however I have used the Yamaha P5000 and also tried the preamp with Peavey power amps. There's a few chaps on TalkBass who have had great success with the QSC brand PLX range.

I even plugged it into the poweramp of my Mark Bass and the sound was almost enough to make me want to keep it.

That's absolutely no problem Martin, if you have any questions in the meantime please DO ask.. I'm a gear geek and there's nothing like a good bit of bass 'anoraking'.

I think I have just coined a new phrase!

p.s. Yes the Powersoft certainly does have a 'price tag', Its the best power amp I have ever owned, and it weighs so little for it's power output. If the F1 proves itself on a big stage, I may even think about parting with it.. but then again... maybe I'll hang on to it!

I am thinking about trading for a 1x10 / 1x12 cab for use as a practice / writing session cab.. I haven't decided what yet, so am starting research now.

Needles to say it will be something a bit HiFi ;o)

[quote name='dood' post='128600' date='Jan 27 2008, 11:35 AM']That's absolutely no problem Martin, if you have any questions in the meantime please DO ask.. I'm a gear geek and there's nothing like a good bit of bass 'anoraking'.

I think I have just coined a new phrase!

p.s. Yes the Powersoft certainly does have a 'price tag', Its the best power amp I have ever owned, and it weighs so little for it's power output. If the F1 proves itself on a big stage, I may even think about parting with it.. but then again... maybe I'll hang on to it![/quote]

Hi Dood,

I'm back in the uk, and I've done some auditioning this morning and decided where I want to go with my gear.

I've ordered an EBS neo212 to pair with the neo210, and I played the pair through an Eden WT405 as well as my peavey max700. Just loved the sound of the Eden. So much better than using the peavey with the pair of neo's. Now I know what you mean by hi-fi bass gear!

I found one uk dealer who had a WT405 left which I've also ordered; there's no official uk distributor for eden at the moment.

So, to summarise, I'm sorted (or will be in a week or so) but it means I don't want to buy your pre-amp - sorry about that.

So now I have some gear to sell. I think I'll keep the max700 as a backup, and sell my ashdown mag410 and peavey max450 (I've run out of storage space :)

Peavey is great value gear, but it was definitely the weak link in my chain!

Cheers

Martin

Back online again folks. Glad you are all sorted Martin! How you getting on MFD? I'm selling this pre and looking to pick up a nice 1x12 cab to use as a practice rig with my rack. Had a cuppla offers that I need to look into, but am also interested in the Epifani UL-112, Aguilar GS112, Accugroove TR112 etc.

I was asked earlier if 'Made in the USA' meant this was a US voltage model. The SVP features a switch on the back to set the voltage to US or UK/Europe without the need for tools. Just to clarify. This is a UK model. Thanks.

[quote name='umph' post='140745' date='Feb 15 2008, 12:34 AM']make someone buy my amp and i'll help you ;> do want this preamp[/quote]

Ladies and gentleman, Umph's Warwick Protube amp is for sale currently on page 3 of this fine for sale forum. I used to own a Warwick Quadruplet preamp amd it was just great. I can't make you buy it, but I'm sure it's jolly good, as is the Ampeg SVP you see before your eyes.

How's that? I'm pretty good eh!

Bumparjjjjjj ;o) I won't be dropping the price folks, I'm afraid. These preamps are no longer available from Ampeg. Last opportunities to get the SVT 2 Pro tone, with forking out £mega on a full head. This one I believe is an awesome price, with the valve upgrade on board.

Ebay hopefully before they hike their costs.... get in there quick my friends!

[quote name='Matty' post='142073' date='Feb 17 2008, 07:52 PM']Very interested, and its pay day on Weds....

Will you be selling your POD as well?
Or is that staying regardless?

m[/quote]

Hi Matty, Just the SVP for sale. Unfortunately I had to sell the POD a little while back. A big mistake.. but on the flipside, had I have not done that then I guess I wouldnt have landed where I am now, gear wise, which is a positive thing.