Why become a member? ×

Ampeg Svt 210av Speaker Cab - £140 .SOLD.

Lozz196

ITEM NOW SOLD

Ampeg SVT 210AV speaker cab. This is the matching cab to the Ampeg Micro VR head (pics will follow, but the link to the cab is below)

[url="http://www.ampeg.com/products/classic/microvr/index.html"]http://www.ampeg.com/products/classic/microvr/index.html[/url]

200 watts at 8 ohms, classic ampeg looks, in good condition. The only mods to this cab are that there are "feet" on the right hand side as well as the bottom, so the cab can be used horizontally, as well as vertically.

This cab has a great traditional Ampeggy sound, and despite its small size, handles some power. Up until now, I`ve used it with my TC Electronic Classic 450 and Ampeg SVT 410HE cab, to get the full performance from the amp, and to make the sound "bigger" and this little guy delivers, no farting out issues using a traditional Precision/Ampeg sound.

As such, this is a great cab to either add onto your rig, for that extra presence, or as a stand alone cab in quieter environments, whilst retaining the true Ampeg sound. It is deceptive though, and will handle a surprising amount of volume for its size.

I`m only selling it as I have managed to get my hands on one of the discontinued SVT 210HEs, which obviously matches my SVT 410, so putting the little guy up for grabs. I bought it in December last year, off of Basschat for £140, which included delivery. I`m not on here to make money, so all I`m asking is that it pays me back, so:

£140 including delivery within the UK. Payment via Paypal, as a gift please.

Edited by Lozz196

[quote name='Lozz196' post='1104196' date='Jan 26 2011, 07:09 PM']Ampeg SVT 210AV speaker cab. This is the matching cab to the Ampeg Micro VR head (pics will follow, but the link to the cab is below)

[url="http://www.ampeg.com/products/classic/microvr/index.html"]http://www.ampeg.com/products/classic/microvr/index.html[/url]

200 watts at 8 ohms, classic ampeg looks. The only mods to this cab are that there are "feet" on the right hand side as well as the bottom, so the cab can be used horizontally, as well as vertically.

This cab has a great traditional Ampeggy sound, and despite its small size, handles some power. Up until now, I`ve used it with my TC Electronic Classic 450 and Ampeg SVT 410HE cab, to get the full performance from the amp, and to make the sound "bigger" and this little guy delivers, no farting out issues using a traditional Precision/Ampeg sound.

I`m only selling it as I have managed to get my hands on one of the discontinued SVT 210HEs, which obviously matches my SVT 410, so putting the little guy up for grabs. I bought it in December last year, off of Basschat for £140, which included delivery. I`m not on here to make money, so all I`m asking is that it pays me back, so:

£140 including delivery within the UK. Payment via Paypal, as a gift please.[/quote]

Hi Lozz,
this is extremely tempting, especially at the price!! Is one cab loud enough to compete with two loud guitarists and a drummer in a covers band or would I have to get another?
Been looking at these for ages, heard nothing but great stuff about them and would definately pair it up with the micro vr head but my only concern is the loudness issue.
Thanks
Michael

Hi Michael

I don`t know about the one cab on its own, probably depends on the amp its used with as to whether it would work or not. I think it may well be loud enough, but only being a small cab, the depth of sound may not be sufficient in a 2 gtr/drums set-up, so it may get over-powered.

However, there are quite a few threads on Talkbass about these, and one guy, JimmyM really raves about them, so some independent views can be checked out over there. As far as two of these hooked up to an amp, I`m sure that would be more than fine. In fact, I think JimmyM does just that.

And two of these would be very easy on the back as well, especially after gigs.

[quote name='Lozz196' post='1104469' date='Jan 26 2011, 10:15 PM']Hi Michael

I don`t know about the one cab on its own, probably depends on the amp its used with as to whether it would work or not. I think it may well be loud enough, but only being a small cab, the depth of sound may not be sufficient in a 2 gtr/drums set-up, so it may get over-powered.

However, there are quite a few threads on Talkbass about these, and one guy, JimmyM really raves about them, so some independent views can be checked out over there. As far as two of these hooked up to an amp, I`m sure that would be more than fine. In fact, I think JimmyM does just that.

And two of these would be very easy on the back as well, especially after gigs.[/quote]

Hi Lozz,
thanks for the info. Yeah I've read JimmyM's stuff on Talkbass. Seems like a nice dude and a bit eccentric! I currently use a Behringer BX1200 combo and it is loud enough but wanted the "round sound" and portability of the micro svt rig. Good luck with the sale anyways man.
Cheers

To answer the questions on volume I have one of the old 90s USA Ampeg SVT 210 cabs and I've taken mine out with a 5 piece band a few times. I've had 3 different soundmen comment on how good it sounded. Mic'd up it absolutely delivers and in smaller venues it holds its own without going through the PA.

I don't know about these new ones but if I sold mine it'd be about £100 [u][b]more[/b][/u] than Lozz wants! And the modification to have it on it's side is exactly what I would have done. So have a BUMP on me

Cheers for the bump Tim, much appreciated. They are great little cabs, full of character, but as I now have the matching 210 to my 410, its a waste just sitting here, hence the sale. I`ve no doubt it could easily hold its own at a gig, but I`m one of those "as many speakers as possible" types. I worry if I only have a 4x10 :)

• 1 year later...

Hi BBQV.

I know your question is to Lozz196 but I can answer this to save you waiting on him turning up here. It has gone as I bought it from him back then. Cracking little cab which I now have two of. Best of luck in your search for these.