Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hi Chums...

RickenBangler

Greets all - this looks like a good place to hang out - so thought it would be polite to say 'hi'.

Had a long and interesting musical career (I use the term loosely) starting out as a session keyboard player - then hit the road for the
duration of the original punk scene back in the late 70's. Won't bore you with the intervening decades - suffice to say I'm not quite as old as Lemmy but catching him up - hey ho. Play mainly 6 string now (trashy thrashy buzzsaw barchords - mmm...) but enjoy playing the bass as well. Used to have a Ric 4003 but it had to go to pay the mortgage (big sobs) - and I find I really miss the bottom end.

So currently bassless but gassing for an Epi Thunderbird as (to me) it looks sweet given my lousy budget.

Hope to make a useful contribution to the forum and looking forward to getting to know you all.

Right, I'm off to check out the ads...

Cheers,
RB

[quote name='BurritoBass' post='1105415' date='Jan 27 2011, 06:54 PM']Welcome to Basschat :) Have you done a thread for an Epiphone T-bird in the items wanted section? They tend to go for around £150 and pop up quite a bit. Nice to see the Orange logo too![/quote]

Hey - thanks for the welcome BB. I see you're a man who likes a nice PB - my first 'real' bass back in the day (erm bought new in '76) - how I wish I'd hung on to that - hey ho...

Yup, big Orange fan - use a Ric 620 through a TT driving 2x PPC112's loaded with V30's - works for me.
On the trail of a T-Bird as we speak :)

Cheers,

RB

Edited by RickenBangler