Why become a member? ×

Top end all tube Hiwatt 200 Bass stack for sale

chrisotoole

Dear Fellow bass enthusiasts,

The time has regretfully approached the point where I have to sell my beloved custom all tube Hiwatt 200 bass head and 115/410 combined bass cabinet. The specs for these can found here: www.hiwatt.co.uk.
I have owned them both from new for one and a half years and can count the number of gigs I have used them in on one hand! This is a like new set up that will make one bass chatter very happy indeed. The reason i am selling it is because I am emigrating to marry my girlfriend (god help me...). I had lot of cash to burn when I bought this thing and spent £3000 on it in Denmark street - I am gonna let it go for £2000 ono. (my loss= your gain!) I replaced all the tubes about a month ago (at a cost of £250) so it works perfectly.
Here are videos of me using it : [url="http://www.youtube.com/chrisotoole21"]http://www.youtube.com/chrisotoole21[/url] (bare in mind that I am also using a sansamp and compressor).
Feel free to call me on 07725866775 or email [email protected] for any questions or extra pictures. I live in Dunstable, Bedfordshire and this is PICKUP ONLY.
Thanks for looking.

Chris

[quote name='chrisotoole' post='127203' date='Jan 24 2008, 07:17 PM']Thanks mate -hows that buster treating ya?[/quote]

I gotta lotta love for it dude - everyone who hears it goes 'slack-jawed'.
The tone is gorgeous...
:)
I'd love to get hold of the separate head one day - but I've never seen one in the UK (I don't think they even brought them into the country).

I actually got one of the separate buster heads myself when I was over there last time for me to come back to(this time). It is literally the same amp but separate. I think the combo is perfect for recording and practice as it's so small and angled directly to your face. You can plug the speaker outputs of your amp into an 810 to get an idea of what it would sound like - I'd like to get one of your type when I get back over there, but they are actually harder to get hold of!

[quote name='chrisotoole' post='127380' date='Jan 24 2008, 10:36 PM']I actually got one of the separate buster heads myself when I was over there last time for me to come back to(this time). It is literally the same amp but separate. I think the combo is perfect for recording and practice as it's so small and angled directly to your face. You can plug the speaker outputs of your amp into an 810 to get an idea of what it would sound like - I'd like to get one of your type when I get back over there, but they are actually harder to get hold of![/quote]

Thanks for the extra info Chris - very interesting.
Yes - trying the Buster with an 8x10 is definitely on my list of things to do this year!
:)

I used to use 2 1974 Hiwatt DR103's and 2 4x12 300watt cabs. Man, that was sweet.

The price is ok, but I'd like to see it nearer £1500. Also, getting it flight cased would cost me another £500 - £600 on top, so I'd be looking at a lot of cash!

Great amps though, they sound like a million bucks.

I'd be prepared to sit on it for a good few months - keep it bumped up every couple of weeks. Reason I say this is that it's a real 'special interest' item and Google loves this site (I've had it come up in loads of searches for bits of gear) so it might send a few potential customers this way.

[quote name='bigjohn' post='133832' date='Feb 4 2008, 07:47 PM']If you were to split the head, how much would you want for it?[/quote]

probably about 1000, but I'm a little paranoid about being stuck with the cab! - go on - take em both of my hands - you won't be disappointed!

[quote name='chrisotoole' post='133931' date='Feb 4 2008, 10:04 PM']probably about 1000, but I'm a little paranoid about being stuck with the cab! - go on - take em both of my hands - you won't be disappointed![/quote]

I'd love to.

I'm a bit paranoid about fitting it in the back of a vw polo though. :)

[quote name='chrisotoole' post='139210' date='Feb 13 2008, 12:31 AM']last bump - i'll put the reserve on ebay at 1500...[/quote]

Hi Chris,

Hope the sale goes well on eBay for you mate...

I would have loved to buy your lovely Hiwatt rig off you (as would a fair few others on here as well I don't doubt) - but it's such a big b*****d to store & transport that there's only gonna be a certain people that have the space & vehicle available. :/
But I'm sure you'll have a better chance of finding them on eBay...

All the best

Jim