Why become a member? ×

Warwick Alien 4 String Acoustic - Now sold by the lovely people at BassGear!

molan

Purchased a while ago for a specific project which has now fallen through so not really needed any more.

Really nice acoustic with a relatively slim neck which really helps if you don't like some of the big 'clubby' necks that a lot of acoustics have.

It's in immaculate condition and comes with a Warwick fitted gig bag.

Here's the official blurb:

The Alien fills the gap between the double bass and the electric bass. It provides a wealth of new opportunities for expression and adds an extra dimension to the musician's domain. Unusual styling in the convenient cutaway, the off-center asymmetric soundhole, add to the uniqueness of the overall shape and warm tones of this acoustic model. The top and body are both laminated for increased durability in stage use.

Equipped with the Fishman PrefixTM Plus acoustic guitar system, it provides a variable notch filter, shelving bass & treble, semi-parametric contour and brilliance controls for precise tone shaping. There is also a phase reversal switch and low battery indicator. Even without amplification, the basic character is evident; a growling tone across the instrument's full range with a big bottom.

Product Features
Acoustic Bass, set neck
Only available as 4-string
Laminated Spruce top, bottom and sides made of laminated Ovangkol
Mahogany neck
Rosewood fingerboard
Scale length: 32" (medium scale)
24 frets
Fishman PrefixTM Plus Acoustic Guitar System (incl. Preamp and Acoustic Matrix Pickup)
Natural Satin Finish
Warwick tuners
Ebony bridge, metal tailpiece
Chrome hardware
Warwick security locks
Just-A-Nut III
Weight*: 2,8 kg

Currently residing at BassGear in Harrogate if anyone wants to try it out :)

Not really looking for trades on this one. This version seems to be selling at around £1,250 and the Bass centre have an ex-demo at £1,000 so I thought £800 was a decent saving on something that looks like new. High quality pics from Phil at BassGear that hopefully show this:

Edited by molan

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just wanted to confirm that this bass has now been sold :)

Big thanks to Phil at BassGear for taking it on as a commission sale for me, he seems to be on a bit of a roll at the moment - he's sold three of my basses in the last month :)

In fact the third of these he took off me before I even listed it here and got my asking price in less than a week!