Why become a member? ×

SOLD! Lightweight Custom ProseBass For Sale...

flip

Good Morning,

Due to circumstances beyond my control I'm having to part with a few of my prized possessions, which means my short scale prosebass grabber is reluctantly going up for sale...

This would be a great bass for anyone with back or shoulder issues as it weighs in at exactly 7.1lbs yet retains a great tone. It is less than a year old and in perfect condition apart from a tiny flaw by the rear strap button that I'm hoping is visible in the photo below.

There's a full build diary with all the details [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=74424&st=0"]here[/url], I have included a more recent photo as the neck/headstock was changed since then to be more in keeping with the whole grabber aesthetic.

I'm hoping for somewhere around the £300 mark but I'm open to offers really, I can organise a courier to deliver if necessary, or if you're passing through Swindon you're welcome to come and check it out.

I will also include a canvas ritter bass bag, some new rotosound shortscale strings and an old comfort strapp to sweeten the deal!

Cheers,
Phil

Edited by flip

[quote name='Stuee' post='1098545' date='Jan 22 2011, 12:11 PM']That looks really sweet, Phil. I don't suppose you have any audio clips of it do you?

Cheers, Stuee[/quote]

I'm afraid not; i have used it on my bands recordings but it sounds so similar to the pbass kept in the studio that i can't recall which ones i actually used it on now!

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='skippy_moogoose' post='1143971' date='Feb 27 2011, 10:39 PM']Really cool bass there, I have back problems,and this could look great sitting next to my mustang...what's the neck like?[/quote]

Ongoing back problems are the main reason this bass came into existence really, I asked for the neck to be in the same ballpark as a precision!

Whilst it is light, it definitely feels like a solid bit of kit!

Cheers,

Phil

Hi there, I'm new to Basschat (as a 'poster'). I've been reading the boards for quite a while, but your bass has made me join! I am a big fan of Paul Rose's work, and would like this bass. I don't really know the 'protocol', though. If it's still for sale, could you email me? Thanks.

[quote name='Sambrook' post='1146705' date='Mar 2 2011, 07:49 AM']Hi there, I'm new to Basschat (as a 'poster'). I've been reading the boards for quite a while, but your bass has made me join! I am a big fan of Paul Rose's work, and would like this bass. I don't really know the 'protocol', though. If it's still for sale, could you email me? Thanks.[/quote]

The usual protocol is to send the seller a PM. That's certainly what I do!

[quote name='Sambrook' post='1146705' date='Mar 2 2011, 07:49 AM']Hi there, I'm new to Basschat (as a 'poster'). I've been reading the boards for quite a while, but your bass has made me join! I am a big fan of Paul Rose's work, and would like this bass. I don't really know the 'protocol', though. If it's still for sale, could you email me? Thanks.[/quote]

Good Morning,

There a few interested parties at present but nothing 100% confirmed as yet, I've sent you a message...