Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Can Anyone Identify This Bass?

squire5

I agree with you 73jazz,there are some slight similarities,but the headstock shape,the block markers on the neck and the little control plate,and even the pickup shape,all point at something else.To be honest,I had never heard of Jolana before,but having checked them out,I think I would rule them out.The headstock is familiar to me for some reason.....

The Picture shows a Klira but i am more convinced that this could be some kind of Jolana Bass. I have the same feeling than you, that something from the headstock reminds me of it, Jolana was my first thought, something in the shape or angle how the headstock ist built is similar.
Please let me know, if you find out, what bass it is. Good luck for your hunt

Edited by 73Jazz

I'm not entirely convinced it's a Jolana or one of the dozens of other Eastern European brands, but if it is, it might well be on here:

[url="http://www.cheesyguitars.com/guitars.html"]http://www.cheesyguitars.com/guitars.html[/url]

I'm inclined to think it's home-made, or at least something that's been massively modified. Are there any other pics?

Jon.

I think its homemade too. However, sometime ago I saw a bass very similar to this, (again I think possibly homemade) hanging in a local bric-a-brac shop, had a set neck, stripped bare wood, similar pickup, can't remeber fret markers, but think I recall different control layout.
It's probabably still there, will have a pop-in & look next time I pass the shop.

Edited by nick