Why become a member? ×

For sale: Warwick Thumb NT 4 1990 £1095

Scooby

[b][/b]Here's my Warwick Thumb NT 4 that is happily snuggled in its Warwick gig bag out of the cold! It hasn't been gigged for a while and I'm wondering whether it might find a new home - not 100% certain I want to let it go but it just isn't getting used. Here's the spec from Warwick:

Bass: Thumb NT
4 string Bass
Serial Number: E-2301-90
Year: 1990
Month: May
Number: 2301
Neck Wood: 4 pcs. Wenge Wood with Bubinga Stripes
Fingerboard: Wenge Wood
Frets: Bronze Warwick Frets
Nut: Just a Nut I Brass Version (originally)
Neck construction: NeckThrough Construction
Body: 2 pcs. Bubinga solid wood/
Surface: Oil Finish
Pickups: JJ MEC Pickups Active
Electronic: MEC 2-Band electronics
Hardware: Warwick Black Hardware

The bass it's been thoroughly set-up, new strings etc and lovingly waxed (the bass guys, the bass...). The main pic is by the original store owner and the second body pic is the bass now after a few loving touches ;o)
These basses cost £2500 new, but this beauty is from the period when Warwick used slightly lighter woods (and better quality too). It's all original, sounds fantastic but you knew that already ;o)

A very reluctant sale but needs must (no, I haven't got GAS, just bills to pay :)((
[attachment=69334:WarwickThumb.gif]

Price-wise I'm looking for [b]£1095[/b]

Edited by Scooby

[i]"this beauty is from the period when Warwick used slightly lighter woods (and better quality too)." [/i]

certainly is!!! my 1990 NT 5 string is the dogs - if I had the readies , I'd be nestling this baby between my 1990 fiver and my1988 4 string. gorgeous!

[quote name='MikeBass' post='1096943' date='Jan 20 2011, 11:01 PM'][i]"this beauty is from the period when Warwick used slightly lighter woods (and better quality too)." [/i]

certainly is!!! my 1990 NT 5 string is the dogs - if I had the readies , I'd be nestling this baby between my 1990 fiver and my1988 4 string. gorgeous![/quote]

Thanks, MikeBass. It really is a beaut! The body wood is one of the most unusual I've seen on a Thumb. The pattern changes depending on the light and from which position the bass is in! A really tactile bass - I'm almost convincing myself not to part with it, hmmm?

[quote name='Scooby' post='1097092' date='Jan 21 2011, 08:45 AM']- I'm almost convincing myself not to part with it, hmmm?[/quote]

Personally I think you're bonkers to part with it, you'll regret it!

[i]But I'm bias so I'm bound so say that plus I cant afford it! [/i]

I agree with others. You'll regret getting rid of this one.
I've got the 89 with EMG's and they were by far one of the best basses on the market at the time.
I would never dream of parting with such a collectors item.
Very rare, very exceptional - don't do it !!!!

Cheers
Dave

[quote name='Scooby' post='1098513' date='Jan 22 2011, 11:46 AM']Weekend bump, final calls etc etc...

Definitely interested in Overwater if you're looking to trade ;o)[/quote]

Overwater is a one off signature bass for my 50th last year and would never sell a treasured or collectors item - don't think you should either - LOL !!!

Note :- not 100% sure but don't think the more recent Thumbs have the pearl fret markers on the neck. ?

Good luck anyroads

Cheers
Dave

Edited by dmccombe7