Why become a member? ×

Good Guitar Di Box?

fatback

[quote name='fatback' post='1092592' date='Jan 17 2011, 03:12 PM']Our singer/guitarist admits he's technically challenged but knows he needs a DI box for his acoustic. An EQ would be useful too. Any suggestions for a reasonable quality box?

Are these gizmos the same for bass and guitar?[/quote]

The basic concept is the same for bass and guitar [b]BUT[/b] only until you specify EQ needing to be included.
The EQ range needs to be appropriate to the instrument you are using.

I have been using a Fishman box for a few months now - reasonably priced, reasonable quality and (if your singer/guitarist wants to) come with a little belt clip thing to stop it trailing around the floor.

[quote name='Circle_of_Fifths' post='1093425' date='Jan 18 2011, 07:15 AM']A big PLUS vote for the MXR Bass DI+. It works a champ for things like that and you can really use it to fatten up your bass too.[/quote]

Good for bass but the OP is only looking to use it on an acoustic guitar... :)

[quote name='icastle' post='1093471' date='Jan 18 2011, 12:58 AM']Good for bass but the OP is only looking to use it on an acoustic guitar... :)[/quote]

Oh - I understood that part, but I wanted to tell him that the MXR80 isn't limited to just one instrument or one type.

I've used it with my harmonica, my keyboard and even run a ukulele/piezzo on it and it can really 'flesh-out' the harmonics and add considerable bottom to them where there was little bottom before.

The flexibility of the MXR80 in that it has a parallel AUX-OUT and XLR/1/4", a pre-amp and DI plus three usable channels (By-pass/EQ'd/Distortion) all add to one powerful device that I feel should be the second purchase - right behind a tuner/stomp.