Why become a member? ×

SOLD!!!!! Fs - Fender Classic Mim 50s Precision Bass (fiesta Red)

stingraybassman

[quote name='bassjamm' post='1123051' date='Feb 10 2011, 07:19 PM']Hmm...can I just ask if it is more of a pinky red or the Pino Palladino kind of red?[/quote]

Funny I was in GAK today and I spoke to the bloke in the shop about the colours when I looked at the pino. I have been involved with a couple of 'The Shadows' type bands and everyone is very picky about what is and isnt fiesta red.

In Gak, there seemed to be a marginal difference between the pino, the classic vibe, and this 50s re issue [I have a 50s reissue, and an old US one refin is 'fiesta red']

The mex is slightly pinker and I would say its probably the closest to the colour I would expect to see in Hank Marvins hands. The Pino was slightly more red, but you have to take into account the pino is contrasted to a tort scratchplate, and rosewood board, compared to the mex one with its maple neck and gold scratchplate and looking at my two that tends to maginify the differences.

[quote name='bumnote' post='1123119' date='Feb 10 2011, 07:59 PM']Funny I was in GAK today and I spoke to the bloke in the shop about the colours when I looked at the pino. I have been involved with a couple of 'The Shadows' type bands and everyone is very picky about what is and isnt fiesta red.

In Gak, there seemed to be a marginal difference between the pino, the classic vibe, and this 50s re issue [I have a 50s reissue, and an old US one refin is 'fiesta red']

The mex is slightly pinker and I would say its probably the closest to the colour I would expect to see in Hank Marvins hands. The Pino was slightly more red, but you have to take into account the pino is contrasted to a tort scratchplate, and rosewood board, compared to the mex one with its maple neck and gold scratchplate and looking at my two that tends to maginify the differences.[/quote]

Yeah I think the Pino one is a little more faded or "relic fiesta red" as fender call it.

Is this still here?

The Classic '50's is definitely Fiesta Red and is the base model for the Roadworn series, although they use different woods and hardware on the Roadworn.

Can't believe no-one has snapped this up yet. Great basses! I'd have one over an American Standard! I prefer the necks by a mile.

[quote name='cameltoe' post='1125458' date='Feb 12 2011, 09:23 PM']Is this still here?

I'd have one over an American Standard! I prefer the necks by a mile.[/quote]

+ 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Got the black version of this and it's immense. Neck is better than US IMO too.

I saw this ages ago and I've had to talk myself out of buying it numerous times (especially as I was in Stockport last weekend!!!) as I really don't NEED it :)

Someone will get a MASSIVE bargain with this. Stunning bass for the price.

• 3 months later...