Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Bass Culture Pickups

gilmour

Has anyone experience of Bassculture pickups? They're list of users seems very impressive, and I love the look of these, and (looks wise) I think they'll be perfect for a project I'm planning, but I'd like to know more.

Trouble is the website looks [url="http://www.bassculture.de/"]like this[/url] and even with Google translate there's not a lot I can make from it. :)

[quote name='gilmour' post='1085027' date='Jan 10 2011, 11:34 PM']Trouble is the website looks [url="http://www.bassculture.de/"]like this[/url] and even with Google translate there's not a lot I can make from it. :lol:[/quote]

There's not a lot there for Google translate to work with! :)
They do look rather nice though... :)

If you look under the 'impressum' link you'll find an e-mail address - you could try dropping the a line and see if they have a UK distributor perhaps?

[quote name='icastle' post='1085035' date='Jan 10 2011, 11:44 PM']There's not a lot there for Google translate to work with! :)
They do look rather nice though... :)

If you look under the 'impressum' link you'll find an e-mail address - you could try dropping the a line and see if they have a UK distributor perhaps?[/quote]

Done :lol:

I had Christopf make me a set of humbuckers for my Ibanez SR3006 6 string. I told him the sound I wanted, he recommended an alnico humbucker for me and made them with Rosewood covers. They weren't cheap but they were a huge improvement in sound on the US Bartolinis which came as stock.

He's a nice guy, easy to deal with and has good English, just send him a mail.

I've heard back from him and we've been trading emails. It would be fair to say that his English is better than my German :)

We've started talking about design and what not, they won't be cheap, but not so much more than a set of stock Nordstands (although using the word stock for Nordstrand pups seems a little unfair)