Why become a member? ×

What do you think about this?

MikanHannille

[quote name='ThomBassmonkey' post='1081991' date='Jan 8 2011, 12:25 PM'][color="#000080"]To me, the bass needs to be laying down a groove[/color].[/quote]

Isn't this essentially what the bass is for?? the kid can certainly play (gimmicks aside) but he seems to have missed something quite fundamental..

No doubt it impressed some 14 year old somewhere..

At least he's trying some different stuff and being creative. Also it's nice seeing someone playing along to some more modern music instead of the usual playalong to a Steely Dan track. I don't see the problem or how his playing affects anyone.

[quote name='gjones' post='1081961' date='Jan 8 2011, 11:56 AM']Awwww, I think we should stop crucifying the poor kid. He put it up on youtube to look cool and impress his friends at school.

And we then proceed to rip him to shreds!

We're better than that..............aren't we?[/quote]

My thoughts exactly. People can be pretty quick to stifle creativity, no matter what context it comes in! I find that strange as we're all musicians.

Edited by risingson

I really can't knock this clip. I'm a very old fart who plays basic stuff in covers band – I can't do anything fancy like slapping or tapping to any degree but can lock into a groove
If this young lad has worked out all that out himself over a pretty basic rap tune then all credit to him. Sure it's out of time and rather fumbled in parts but hey we all have to start somewhere.
At least he has his baseball cap on the right way round.!