Why become a member? ×

yamaha trb p 5

trevthebass

yamaha trb p 5 mark one five string bass, these babys are really hard to get your hands on - deep bergundy red/black, piezos, thru neck, ebony board, fitted yammy case, gigged condition, meaning a couple of dinks , this axe is a wicked bass very hi fi sounding very clear cut sound great live or in the studio, looking to trade jazz 4, stingray 5, lakland 5, or a marcus 4/5 sell for £600 for more info please call me on 07828-333256, p.s im based in kent/ south east london thanks trev.

Edited by trevthebass

this sounds like it's identical to the one I used to have and here's a pic of the one I had. I sold it to someone on bassworld over a couple of years ago but I don't think it's the same one that's for sale here though.

[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v722/Gwilym/YamahaTRB5P/DSCF3777.jpg"][/url]

great bass but I found the neck is on the wide side for my hands, i think it had 19mm string spacing, and I prefer the 17mm. It sounded awsome though - and was a much nicer bass, IMHO, than the trb5pII which I got to play quite regularly at one point too.

i'll just add that i don't know trevthebass, or have anything to do with this sale. just trying to be helpful :)

same goes for me!
The bass was exactly as described and what a pleasure to do buying from someone who really loves bass and basses!
I`m now really pleased to include TRB5P in my armoury.
Very nice fella !

• 1 month later...

[quote name='slapathy' post='127540' date='Jan 25 2008, 08:36 AM']Anyone know where there is another of these for sale, preferably de-fretted?
Was there ever a TRB5P-F (fretless)?

Slapathy[/quote]

Slightly tardy response I know but if you're still looking for a TRB5P - It was me who bought Gwilym's as pictured.
Here are a few more recent shots....

[attachment=6366:100_0729.jpg]
[attachment=6367:100_0730.jpg]
[attachment=6368:100_0746.jpg]

I'm look to sell or possibly trade - ideally for a some MarkBass gear.

Will