Why become a member? ×

Damage Control Dual Valve Pedal

munkonthehill

Ok chaps, I bought this pedal on a bit of a whim due to great reviews.

However this pedal is far too powerful for my needs and is mainly for a metal player rather than a blues/rock player like myself.
The pedal comes with a non-standard power supply.

Its pretty much mint except from a few minor scuffs. Needless to say this item works perfectly and there are no issues with it,,,,,except its too bloody powerful.

Heres the link to the pedals website.
[url="http://damagecontrolusa.com/products/solid-metal/"]http://damagecontrolusa.com/products/solid-metal/[/url]

Cheers
Steven

Edited by munkonthehill

Steven

I'm often up for a bit of dirt, but am currently looking for something with good blend control (Wounded Paw Battering Ram currently top of my list).

But I've mentioned this to our guitarist - could be right up his street.

All the best with it mate.

[quote name='fraff' post='1080756' date='Jan 7 2011, 09:20 AM']Steven

I'm often up for a bit of dirt, but am currently looking for something with good blend control (Wounded Paw Battering Ram currently top of my list).

But I've mentioned this to our guitarist - could be right up his street.

All the best with it mate.[/quote]
It might've tickled his fancy actually - he's having a think.

Will let you know Steven.

[quote name='GarethFlatlands' post='1082401' date='Jan 8 2011, 06:21 PM']These are really nice pedals, probably the best I've heard in terms of sounding like a cranked valve amp. Great if you can afford the pedal board space![/quote]

Yeah Gareth im pretty sure these are awesome IF you can use them in your sound. Unfortunately I seen the pic of it and though 'o now thats big red shiney and has pretty colours' I read a few reviews saying how amazing it is. But when I got it home I nearly took my side wall off my house with it!!!!! Its just too powerful for my needs.

Im taking it to rehearsals today to give it a bit of a run, not sure if I would be able to implement it into any tunes so thank goodness for true bypass hahahahaha.

So come on folk get this bargain,,,,,these retail at £200.

Cheers

Edited by munkonthehill

I have one of these and it's superb, I believe they have been discontinued now as Damage Control has merged with another company so will become quite scarce. I've thought about selling mine before but everytime I plug it in it puts a huge grin on my face and I can't let it go :)

So have a bump on me and good luck!

[quote name='Pliskin' post='1085076' date='Jan 11 2011, 12:50 AM']I have one of these and it's superb, I believe they have been discontinued now as Damage Control has merged with another company so will become quite scarce. I've thought about selling mine before but everytime I plug it in it puts a huge grin on my face and I can't let it go :lol:

So have a bump on me and good luck![/quote]

I had it at rehearsals and I have to agree it sounds wicked. My only problem is that I can only use it at its minimum settings, nevermind the nuclear settings.

I hate having something that I cant use it to its potential!!! So come on folk make an offer on this pedal and give it a home where it will be happy being abused :) :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...