Why become a member? ×

Fender Usa Precision '57 Re-issue Made In '83 Withdrawn

Bassman Sam

Hi Guys,

Up for sale is my '57 RI. It has been my only bass for the last 15 years and has been well used. If you are looking for a bass in pristeen condition, this is not the one for you. It was my main gigging bass for 4 years in the '90's and has been hanging on the wall for the last 10 years. I cannot play anymore due to Rheumatoid Arthritis and it time to pass it on.

It is all original except for being stripped and varnished and the strap locks fitted. The natural look was done before I bought it and I thought it was the original finish, it's so well done.

The neck is dated 18.2.83., the photos for neck date are not great and are difficult to read. I have just finished a deep clean on it and it has been to a mate of mine who is a guitar tech and he has added extra shielding in the cavities. Not that there was any problems, he just thought he would.

There is a lot of buckle rash on the back of the body and the front has many pick marks on it, I used to think I was the Pete Townsend of the bass, windmill arm, hitting chords type of thing. :)

I have asked on this site and the general opinion was that..... is a fair price for a USA build '57 RI. That will include delivery (UK mainland only)and it comes in a Hiscox hard case.

If you want any more info or photos, then just ask and thanks for taking the time to look.

Edit - Headstock and full body photo added

Edited by Bassman Sam

[quote name='BurritoBass' post='1076793' date='Jan 3 2011, 09:21 PM']Looks great & very fairly priced. Just a thought but you have no photos of the headstock or a full length shot of the bass?

I can't see this hanging around. Good luck with the sale.[/quote]

I was thinking the same but my bloody SD card has got stuck in the laptop port and it won't come out. Bugger.

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='1076810' date='Jan 3 2011, 09:31 PM']It's been stripped too, I presume?[/quote]

I don't know. I bought it because of the natural finish and I can't see any old paint anywhere. It was either like this from the start or the bloke who stripped it did a bloody good job.

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='1076844' date='Jan 3 2011, 09:56 PM']The AV '57 RI was never available in natural, so he did a bloody good job, I think! :)[/quote]

Until I put it on here, I never thought it was anything but original but now understand some of the remarks I got when I first put up some photos of it a couple of months ago, didn't know what they were going on about then.

Edited by Bassman Sam

[quote name='Bassman Sam' post='1076867' date='Jan 3 2011, 11:14 PM']Until I put it on here, I never thought it was anything but original but now understand some of the remarks I got when I first put up some photos of it a couple of months ago, didn't know what they were going on about then.[/quote]

Still a good price for a fullerton-aera reissue, these basses are outstanding.

best of luck with the sale!