Why become a member? ×

5 String Spector....usa Model

BTS_Spacebass

5 string black usa spector up for grabs. I brought this from nobodys prefect about 5 months ago and it is in pretty much mint condition. Pre amp has been changed for emg. More details and photos up tomorrow but thought i'd start the process now. Up for £900 but open to offers as looking for quick sale to fund buying a Ricky. PM or message on here for more info. Thanks

Tx

EDIT: I Hope Nobodys Prefect doesn't mind but i'm gonna use his pictures and steal his sales pitch as he is clearly much more knowledgeable and eloquent than myself :)

"So, the good:
* Spector Tone + a bolt-on neck means a big growly tone that will never be buried in a mix. Goes mellow if you like, spanky if you dig in. Me likey.
*Electronics are not the stock, the preamp (often cited as the weakest link) is upgraded into what is apparently an EMG BQC system. The Bridge 40TW is often considered one of the better options for bridge placement in Spectors.
* Ergonomics. Really, US Spectors shine in this department, and I've been very pleasantly surprised how little of a reach the neck makes. Very light weight. Does very low action very well.
* The looks - a matter of taste, but I like the translucent black and the body shape combo a lot.

the bad:
* the string spacing will be close for some. I find this easier to slap than a Warwick 5, for comparison.

the ugly:
* the pot knobs seriously need to be upgraded to metal. What are those americans thinking?
* there are minuscule dents in the back, which hardly show
* the Gary Willis tuners are ugly, but highly functional

Comes with a really minty Spector hard case. Truss rod functions beautifully"

[attachment=67709:spector_2.jpg]
[attachment=67708:spector_1.jpg]
[attachment=67710:spector_3.jpg]

EDIT: now on ebay: [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110637355808&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT#ht_500wt_1158"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...T#ht_500wt_1158[/url]

Edited by BTS_Spacebass

Yum.......[i]really[/i] wish I could have this.

edit: I have to disagree with you about the tuners. I have an Ibanez Gary Willis, and reckon the tuners are great.

Edited by Rayman

[quote name='BTS_Spacebass' post='1077718' date='Jan 4 2011, 07:24 PM']You seem like a man who could do with one more spector. take your fancy? :)[/quote]

Sorry mate..... I have little use for the extra 5 low notes... :)

I think I've seen this bass for sale before... Because I remember that comment about the Willis tuners!
Shame on you! I love mine on my GWB-2 :) and would use them on any bass. Which actually got me curious, where did you acquire them?
Because perhaps I'd buy a set if they're not overpriced.

Anyways. If anyone is considering of purchasing this - look no further. 800 pounds is the best deal I've seen
for a US Spector todate. And like said before, that price is in the range of the LX Czech models. Someone is getting a heck of a deal.

I bought this with the tuners already in place. They are highly functional but they are also quite ungainly.That said they have never bothered me enough to change them. This is a spanking deal for the money but i'm not really in this for profit, just to get enough to pick up another bass I've put a dep on.

I would rather sell on here because I've got some good deals and dealt with some nice people here but it'll have to go fleabay way next week if it doesn't shift.

Tx

[quote name='BTS_Spacebass' post='1083078' date='Jan 9 2011, 12:41 PM']I bought this with the tuners already in place. They are highly functional but they are also quite ungainly.That said they have never bothered me enough to change them. This is a spanking deal for the money but i'm not really in this for profit, just to get enough to pick up another bass I've put a dep on.

I would rather sell on here because I've got some good deals and dealt with some nice people here but it'll have to go fleabay way next week if it doesn't shift.

Tx[/quote]

I have a rebop and a euro LX 5, and have started hankering for a jazz sound again. Does the US spector have a better range of tone, and would it help me to get there? I really do enjoy playing them, but the sound is wrong!