Why become a member? ×

Warwick out of retirement

CPBassman

Being New Years Eve and all I decided the have abit of a change and take my Warwick out of retirement. Up until now Ive been using my workhorse Fender Jazz and taking my back up bass along for those 'just in case' moments. Ive been suffering a lot of GAS of late which Im sure your all pretty used to.

Anyway, I gave the Warwick a few tweaks and got her gig fit.

Well, there it was, the tone and feel Ive been gassing for. I'd left this beautiful guitar on its hanger for quite some time and in fact had sort of lost interest in working her. I couldnt believe that all the gasing / trading / buying / seeling had been in vain.

Duh, what a daft git Ive been, Gas is made 1000 000 times worse by this fab site. Too much opportunity for changes and indulgences with too many like minded people.

Gas is a cruel affliction........mine is now cured thank goodness!!

This happened elsewhere?? Just thought Id share my experience of 'DUH' ness

Edited by CPBassman

[quote name='CPBassman' post='1074529' date='Jan 1 2011, 05:17 PM']This happened elsewhere?? Just thought Id share my experience of 'DUH' ness[/quote]

Oh yes!

I was very happy with the Thumb bass I had a few years back but the lure of other basses was overwhelming so the Warwicks went and I've owned many basses since, too many to mention but I'm back on Warwicks now, and happy!

And a nice trio of them you have too.

Warwick seem to have lost their coolness and have little residual value but truth be told they are truly fantastic basses. Im so glad that GAS never drove me to sell mine. The only reason I didnt sell it on is that it was built to order and I wouldnt get another like it.......

Aye, i found the sound i wanted in a warwick corvette $$, however the shinyness of a stingray HH lured me away, briefly, i'm back with a warwick $$ and haven't had any GAS since :) And this was almost a year ago now. Before that, I would have had a new bass every 3 months or so.

Edited by budget bassist

Thats the thing with these basses, nothing else sounds like a proper Warwick! They have to be the biggest niche bass maker around! I'd much rather go to a show and see a bassist playing a Warwick than a jazz, precision or stringray. That way, I'd be enjoying the bass tone all night long!