Why become a member? ×

"Soft" Rack cases

arthurhenry

[quote name='arthurhenry' post='1070546' date='Dec 27 2010, 09:27 PM']Anyone use these? I'm considering changing from a 2unit SKB syle rack case to a soft bag type, but does it offer any advantages in portability, ie any smaller or lighter, or just easier to move around?[/quote]

I had a serious look at these recently when I was in the market for a second rack case.

I think it kinda depends on the sort of work you tend to do - if your gear is being dragged from stages night after night then it seems pretty inevitable that at some point you're going have a mishap.
A hard case will protect your gear from that, a soft case probably wont.

Weight isn't really an issue with the SKB cases - true, they weigh a little more than a soft case but they both weigh pretty much the same once the amp is inside!

If you're an 'occasional' performer then you'll probably be fine with a soft case.
The biggest plus with a soft case is that you can wedge it into your car far easier than you can a rigid case.

Edited by icastle

I use a Gigskinz 2U gig bag and couldn't be happier. Its not in the position to get knocked about too much but its easier to carry around and looks nicer than having my SA450 just sitting on top of my cab.
It seems well made and while not offering the same protection of a SKB its working well.

Had it for a couple of years now and use it almost every weekend.