Why become a member? ×

MusicMan Sterling, Natural and Maple, Nordstrand Pick-Up SOLD

P-T-P

Okay, first let me say I feel quite bad about this because I only just picked up this bass yesterday, but I've seen another bass I have to have but need to raise some funds to purchase it so I kinda have to sell this (sorry Tony, hope you aren't offended and don't mind that I've used your pics).

I spent about three hours grooving on this bass last night and it is a very cool customer. The Nordstrand pick-up gives it loads of tones to be exploited by the very capable 3-band EQ, my particular favourite that I hit upon very quickly was using the parallel mode with a smidge of bass boost which gave such an incredible punchy tone.

The bass is in excellent condition, has a low action which I daresay could go a little lower if you've got a light-ish touch. The neck is slim but, to me, a lot more comfortable than a jazz bass neck, though the two are similar. The downsized StingRay body is also very appealing and the bass is one of the lighter basses I've owned. Oh yeah, and it looks amazing doesn't it?

[attachment=4974:sterling_01.jpg][attachment=4975:sterling_02.jpg][attachment=5022:sterling_03.jpg]

I have the original black scratchplate which I can fit if you prefer or I'll include for an extra £20. I also have the original pick-up too which could be yours for £30.

Only looking for a sale on this really at the moment, but if tere's a Lakland or MMan 5 out there then please get in touch as I could be tempted and I don't know if I'll be able to raise enough to cure the GAS even if I sell this.

It comes with a MusicMan case and I'm looking for £620 (was £650) but am open to offers on it for a quick sale. I'm reluctant to post this and would prefer to meet somewhere to complete a deal but postage can be arranged if a suitable ourier can be found.

I'll take PayPal on this if you'll cover the fees (about 3.5%) so long as your address is confirmed and account is verified.

PM me or e-mail to pete at peteward dot co dot uk or call me on 07851 671773.

Edited by P-T-P

[quote name='P-T-P' post='121910' date='Jan 17 2008, 02:09 AM'](sorry Tony, hope you aren't offended and don't mind that I've used your pics).[/quote]

He told me he's coming looking for you. And said how dare you cheat on his Sterling :).

[quote name='Machines' post='121922' date='Jan 17 2008, 07:24 AM']He told me he's coming looking for you. And said how dare you cheat on his Sterling :huh:.[/quote]

I'd feel worse had I not caught him stroking the chunky neck of someone called 'Ray the other night! :)

Edited by P-T-P

[quote name='P-T-P' post='121951' date='Jan 17 2008, 08:58 AM']I'd feel worse had I not caught him stroking the chunky neck of someone called 'Ray the other night! :)[/quote]

All this talking about me, my ears are burning.

Don't worry about the cheating on the Sterling, I'm already looking to trade the Ray for a P-Bass! :huh:

T

[quote name='tonyf' post='121985' date='Jan 17 2008, 09:49 AM']All this talking about me, my ears are burning.

Don't worry about the cheating on the Sterling, I'm already looking to trade the Ray for a P-Bass! :)

T[/quote]

LOL GAS is a killer.

[quote name='P-T-P' post='121910' date='Jan 17 2008, 02:09 AM']Okay, first let me say I feel quite bad about this because I only just picked up this bass yesterday, but I've seen another bass I have to have[/quote]
Blimey Pete, you're going to de-throne Homer as the champion gear swapper. :)

[quote name='trevthebass' post='123695' date='Jan 20 2008, 10:47 AM']hi there would you be interested in a swap for a yammy trb p 5 thanks trev.[/quote]

Are there pics up somewhere?

[quote name='stingrayfan' post='123702' date='Jan 20 2008, 10:54 AM']Blimey Pete, you're going to de-throne Homer as the champion gear swapper. :)[/quote]

Yes, I am gunning for the title lol