Why become a member? ×

Repair to a Musicman case

TheGreek

[size=3]I just bought a Musicman case but there's a significant crack in it. I've managed to remove the polystyrene/felt lining but how difficult is the repair? Is it something that I could do or should I send it off for a professional repair?

I paid £40 and a new one is available for about £140 so is the professional repair cost effective? Anybody know where I can get the work done or is it just like having some body work done on a car? My brother's in the motor trade so I could ask him if it's fairly simple..

I've found a site online which advertises various products - "Plastex" being one - which they claim should do the job - but don't they always..Any hints and tips or advice on products??[/size]

[quote name='Ou7shined' post='1068894' date='Dec 24 2010, 06:08 PM']You could try a small fibreglass repair kit from Halfords or whatever.[/quote]

+1 or B&Q sell fabric matting and epoxy resin, soak the matting in the resin and place generously over and around the repaired area.

I have done corners on a rack lid before but that needed the aluminium mesh from halfords, same process though.

Good luck.