Why become a member? ×

Little Mark 2 and TC Electronics

BottomE

Hi,

on the back of the Little Mark 2 is a Speakon out and 1/4 inch out. If I want to get the amp running at 4 Ohms with 2 TC electronic cabs can this be achieved by connecting 1 Speakon cable to one cab and using the "link" output from that cab to the other speaker

or

should i connect one cab with the Speakon and the other cab with the a 1/4" jack? (connect them independently)

Thanks

[quote name='BottomE' post='1058113' date='Dec 14 2010, 01:33 AM']Hi,

on the back of the Little Mark 2 is a Speakon out and 1/4 inch out. If I want to get the amp running at 4 Ohms with 2 TC electronic cabs can this be achieved by connecting 1 Speakon cable to one cab and using the "link" output from that cab to the other speaker

or

should i connect one cab with the Speakon and the other cab with the a 1/4" jack? (connect them independently)

Thanks[/quote]

I think both ideas would work but I would check that the Speakon and the 1/4" are connected in parallel first and that pluging the 1/4" in does not disconnect the Speakon. Manual should tell you this.

dave

Simple answer is either will work.

I personally would go for Speakon to Cab 1 and Speakon from Cab1 to Cab 2 as long as you are using decent cables.
Spekons are a much better mechanical connection and handle more current than jacks.
I am sure I read somewhere that Jack's are only good for about 150W. Modern development may make that statement obsolete, but I still consider that when deciding how to connect everything up.

Incidently how does the LM2 sound with TC Cabs?

[quote name='BassBunny' post='1058242' date='Dec 14 2010, 09:55 AM']Incidently how does the LM2 sound with TC Cabs?[/quote]

Thanks a lot for your responses. I'll stick with the Speakons then.

The cabs sound great with the LM2. Together they produce an authentic warm and punchy sound. I have a RS210 and RS212 and they give no colour to the sound of the bass. I had Ampeg cabs with the LM2 in the past which in comparison sounded a bit woolier - not as clear. I tried the Little Mark cabs but couldn't hear the price difference so opted for the RS cabs. So far so good.