Why become a member? ×

OLP Ray Copy Wiring Problem

Metalmoore

So i bought a used OLP Ray a month or so ago and when i opened it up to give it a clean i killed the electronics by accident... I tried my own soldering skills but with no luck so atm its wired straight to the jack.

What i am looking for is a OLP Ray wiring picture or diagram (preferably a picture of someone's own OLP's insides). I looked on the seymour duncan site to see if they had anything but nothing helped.
Another thing is the HB only has two wires, it starts off as one then splits into two, would i be right in thinking that it should have more? I always thought MM HB's had 4 wires. Any help could be great. Also i will be buying all new electronics, i seen a thread recommending WD Music, Does anyone have much experience with them??

Cheers for any help

[quote name='geoffbyrne' post='1054357' date='Dec 10 2010, 06:19 PM']There is a version of the OLP that was VT(hi) T(lo) - I had one. No idea how it was wired.

G.[/quote]

Indeed, I had one like that. They were the very first ones, I think.

Most ones use a straight Jazz bass wiring: each coil has its own individual volume, and a master tone control. To the OP: if there's only one pot with a capacitor, then you have the usual Jazz bass wiring configuration. Just find a J-bass wiring and follow it. You'll find the problem easily... or just rewire the whole thing.