Why become a member? ×

SOLD

Sean.Robinson

• 1 month later...

[quote name='thegreenman555' post='1099793' date='Jan 23 2011, 04:34 PM']Nice bass, Sean, but I think you'll struggle to get £1500 for it in this Market.. There are new - & older - ones on the Bay for less thsn that & they're not selling, even tho some are v high spec...

Are you open to offers?[/quote]

You could be right and I'll admit I'm not up to speed with the market like I used to be but I usually use the completed listings option on ebay to get a rough idea. Like you say a lot isn't selling but the rarer stuff is attracting a premium and with a lot of american and european bidders checking the uk site I think it may be the next step with it been a bigger market. Non the less I am open to offers, what did you have in mind?

Well, there's a 78 4001 just been posted via link, & the guys looking for £1475..

I don't want to 'insult' you in public with a miserly offer, so PM me with what you might be willing to consider.

I think it's the more 'original' pieces that are commanding the Money these days..

Otherwise, good luck!

Marc

[quote name='thegreenman555' post='1100551' date='Jan 24 2011, 10:55 AM']Well, there's a 78 4001 just been posted via link, & the guys looking for £1475..

I don't want to 'insult' you in public with a miserly offer, so PM me with what you might be willing to consider.

I think it's the more 'original' pieces that are commanding the Money these days..

Otherwise, good luck!

Marc[/quote]

At the same time I could a few completed listings of Ricks exceeding this price, its just a mater of who it appeals to. Sorry I can't help

If the price was more like £900 I'd be interested.

Is the hard case original?

rich

[quote name='Sean.Robinson' post='1102750' date='Jan 25 2011, 09:02 PM']At the same time I could a few completed listings of Ricks exceeding this price, its just a mater of who it appeals to. Sorry I can't help[/quote]

Edited by ritch

[quote name='ritch' post='1106640' date='Jan 28 2011, 07:43 PM']If the price was more like £900 I'd be interested.

Is the hard case original?

rich[/quote]

I think I could do a little better than 900 tbh and have already had a few offers above that I'm afraid. It is the original hard case that is included though

[quote name='The Burpster' post='1106738' date='Jan 28 2011, 09:17 PM']Please keep price discussions to PM and not on open forum oh and

Sean good luck with this sale, if I hadnt just moved house I would have had this and I dont really like Rics that much.....

It oooozes gorge does that![/quote]

Thanks for the comment :) It's certainly an head turner and even more impressive in person

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Mate

As a fellow Ric owner i'm sorry to see that hard times are forcing the sale of what is clearly a lovely bass! Also, perhaps its worth reminding people that the mods dont look too keenly on the open discussion of a price on a thread. The OP is entitled to sell at any price and if you want to discuss it, the appropriate way to do so is via the PM function.

Personally, even though the market is a little flat at the moment its still a great price for such a nice Ric in a relatively rare colour scheme. If I had the cash i'd have yer arm off.

[quote name='cocco' post='1145073' date='Feb 28 2011, 09:43 PM']I'd have this in a heart beat if I could afford it. I'm having a cull soon, would you be interested in my CIJ jazz plus cash if I managed to shift enough stuff?[/quote]

to be honest that would probably be my ideal trade :)

She's a candy apple red with matching headstock 05 model, and a US spec so she has Japanese built American pickups and hardware and a bound neck, the bridge has been swapped out for a Badass II, the pickups are currently Shed spirits, customs modeled on Geddy Lee's tone. The E tuner is a little bent but fully functional. However in a moment of drunken madness at a cottage in deepest darkest west Wales I decided to relic it so parts of the finish on the body are missing but it doesnt look too bad, ive actually had compliments on it!