Why become a member? ×

Q-Tron fix

N64Lover

Is anyone on here capable of fixing my EHX Q-Tron pedal? I took it to bits a while ago to rehouse it, and have since lost the gut shots I took as a reference and the will to complete this project. I am am looking for someone that could put it back together, mod it for true bypass and possibly rehouse it in a small enclosure. If anyone can help that would be great.

[quote name='N64Lover' post='1052104' date='Dec 8 2010, 08:54 PM']Is anyone on here capable of fixing my EHX Q-Tron pedal? I took it to bits a while ago to rehouse it, and have since lost the gut shots I took as a reference and the will to complete this project. I am am looking for someone that could put it back together, mod it for true bypass and possibly rehouse it in a small enclosure. If anyone can help that would be great.[/quote]
for the effort (& postage) involved in your project, it may pay off to just buy another filter ? i know that sounds harsh. repair should be cheaper, but may not prove to be ..

[quote name='paul_5' post='1052145' date='Dec 8 2010, 09:33 PM']Are you sure about the true bypass mod? That's a 24 volt pedal and has arguably a very high quality buffer in there. If I kept only one 'buffer' stage on my current board then it would be this one.[/quote]

Thats interesting to hear.
I found mine to really suck the tone when not on, didn't like it, so I bypass modded mine. I also added a level control to tame some of the volume spikes & swapped out the red LED for green one, wired up to indicate when the effect is actually on.
Reminds me, I've got to get a matching EHX knob for the new control. :)

[quote name='N64Lover' post='1052104' date='Dec 8 2010, 08:54 PM']Is anyone on here capable of fixing my EHX Q-Tron pedal? I took it to bits a while ago to rehouse it, and have since lost the gut shots I took as a reference and the will to complete this project. I am am looking for someone that could put it back together, mod it for true bypass and possibly rehouse it in a small enclosure. If anyone can help that would be great.[/quote]

Where are you based mate?

[quote name='N64Lover' post='1052281' date='Dec 8 2010, 11:57 PM']Hey Nick, im based in Inverness. I probably couldn't be much further away from you! I don't mind shipping it of course. You think you could do it?[/quote]

PM'ing you mate

[quote name='nick' post='1052244' date='Dec 8 2010, 11:09 PM']Reminds me, I've got to get a matching EHX knob for the new control. :)[/quote]

Let me know if you find one, as I'm about to put a volume control on the output stage of my Q-tron +.

[quote name='paul_5' post='1053468' date='Dec 9 2010, 10:36 PM']Let me know if you find one, as I'm about to put a volume control on the output stage of my Q-tron +.[/quote]

I've found them [url="http://www.banzaimusic.com/EH-knob-current-design-push-on.html"]here[/url]. I've also got to order some 1meg log reverse pots for some 'SFT' clones I'm building, from Banzai - only place I can find them. If you want me to order an extra EHX knob, let me know (save you postage). Will probably put order inthis weekend.

[quote name='nick' post='1053735' date='Dec 10 2010, 09:23 AM']I've found them [url="http://www.banzaimusic.com/EH-knob-current-design-push-on.html"]here[/url]. I've also got to order some 1meg log reverse pots for some 'SFT' clones I'm building, from Banzai - only place I can find them. If you want me to order an extra EHX knob, let me know (save you postage). Will probably put order inthis weekend.[/quote]

That'd be great, as I'm hoping to do my mod this weekend also. Will PM you details etc...

[quote name='dumelow' post='1059797' date='Dec 15 2010, 05:55 PM']@ nick

Did you do these mods just from your own knowledge or did you follow a guide? Ive just purchased a q-tron plus, and a true bypass and on/off LED would compliment it nicely. its an awesome pedal[/quote]

I did volume mod from [url="http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=7354.0"]DIY Stomboxes thread : Qtron volume fix[/url] & used a 10k log pot.
The others just from knowledge I guess. However, I understand that some Qtrons are actually true bypass(?), so it could be worth checking.

Though, some folk think that running a limiter after it, is more effective.

• 2 years later...