Why become a member? ×

SOLD - SFX Red Dragon Booster

sk8

This is the original Red Dragon Booster that incorporated a switchable tone circuit.

Dirty or Clean or anywhere in between booster. Will get some pics up later.

Not as small as the Mirco Red Dragon but its still tiny and as usual up to Max's excellent workmanship. Still smaller than a Boss Pedal and can be daisy chained with no worries.

This the my ODB-3 got booted off my Board in favour of my TS800 clone for Booster/Overdrive duties. So i'm trying to free up some cash. No box or Instructions but will be well packaged prior to posting.

Edited by sk8

[quote name='sk8' post='1050459' date='Dec 7 2010, 01:04 PM']This is the original Red Dragon Booster that incorporated a switchable tone circuit.

Dirty or Clean or anywhere in between booster. Will get some pics up later.

Not as small as the Mirco Red Dragon but its still tiny and as usual up to Max's excellent workmanship. Still smaller than a Boss Pedal and can be daisy chained with no worries.

This the my ODB-3 got booted off my Board in favour of my TS800 clone for Booster/Overdrive duties. So i'm trying to free up some cash. No box or Instructions but will be well packaged prior to posting.[/quote]

Just to say that I use the Micro-RD are my "slightly dirty boost" (gain at about 2 o'clock) and I absolutely love it. THis is a great deal on one of the best dirty boosters you will find!

must remove the vaseline off the lense

Output, input, tone and the switch is for the tone

If you want clean, max the output and use the input for the level, for dirty vice versa and everywhere in between for anything else :)

[quote name='CraigPlaysBass' post='1052840' date='Dec 9 2010, 02:57 PM']Can this be used as a preamp in it's own right? Is the output high enough..?[/quote]
For completeness - Max said no but its has got a hellave lot of output!

[quote name='sk8' post='1054088' date='Dec 10 2010, 02:36 PM']For completeness - Max said no but its has got a hellave lot of output![/quote]

A little bit more details about it. The Red Dragon was not designed to drive directly a power amp. From the signal viewpoint, it should be able to deliver enough voltage to drive a power amp. However, the input impedance of a power amp is likely to be a little bit too low. This [i]might[/i] create some low frequency loss.