Why become a member? ×

Raymans 5.

Rayman

It's the same one I've had for ages Al, the same one I brought down to the last bash we went to. Since you last saw it in the flesh, it's had Villex pickups put into it, an aged tort plate put on it, and a bit of "accelerated ageing" by myself, involving dragging it around the driveway and adding a few "worn" areas with a hammer and some 180 grit sandpaper!! Actually, I'm rather pleased with the ageing job. There's a couple of dings I wish I hadn't put on it, but I think it looks pretty good. It's only the body I've done though, the neck is still unmarked and will stay so. I love this bass, and I guess it's the one I use the most.

Edited by Rayman

[quote name='nash' post='120871' date='Jan 15 2008, 03:47 PM']still got the ray. i want that back when you're done.[/quote]

Ha ha, you'll have to prize it from my cold dead hands sir :) , The ray and the jazz are permanent fixtures here now.

• 1 month later...

[quote name='mikeh' post='149190' date='Feb 29 2008, 09:23 PM']That Marcus is UGLY, you really need to get shut. I know just the person !!!! :)[/quote]

I wonder :huh:

Matt, no the K5 wouldn't normally have been my thing, but I just liked the look of them, regardless of the Korn link. It has such a great range of tones, and it's very playable indeed, I'm very impressed with it.

[quote name='phsycoandy' post='149186' date='Feb 29 2008, 09:11 PM']Im sure nash got tht Ray from me, I got it new from Mike at the bass centre when they had there MM sale a steal I believe.[/quote]

this is true

and i regret getting shot of it