Why become a member? ×

TRADED: OLP MM3 5-String - Trade for amp

CathalOC

TRADED FOR LANEY COMBO 12/12/10

I bought this OLP MM3 5-String new in 2001 when I was playing the bass a lot but never played it enough to develop as a 5-String player. It has been gigged a few times but it was mostly used for studio work between 2001 and 2004.

I just got a lovely new guitar from BurritoBass here on Basschat and have no amp to play it through so I want to pass on a good guitar that has not been appreciated by me to someone who has an amp they need to get rid of! I am looking for a practice amp and I am open to all offers.

Here are some details on the guitar (some of it is repitition from the above)

Its a 5-String OLP MM3
Black body, white scratchplate
It is made in China
I bought it new in 2001
It cost me 350 pounds
I gigged it a few times but used it in the studio mostly
It hasn't seen much use in the last six years

Ideally I would like to trade with someone who is an hour or less away from me (Coventry).
Drop me a line if you are interested or have any questions!
[attachment=65718:tn_OLP_1.JPG][attachment=65719:tn_OLP2.JPG][attachment=65720:tn_OLP4.JPG][attachme
nt=65721:tn_OLP3.JPG][attachment=65722:tn_OLP5.JPG][attachment=65721:tn_OLP3.JPG]

Edited by CathalOC

You have a PM...

w...

[quote name='CathalOC' post='1048895' date='Dec 5 2010, 11:51 PM']I never tried that tuning (EADGC)- probably should have!

I am looking for a practice amp, probably a combo, around 150W, not too fussy about the make. I'm just hopeful that I could do a convenient swap with someone not too far from Coventry.[/quote]

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' post='1048416' date='Dec 5 2010, 05:02 PM']No worries , The coils are split like the EBMM 5 then I presume and with both on full it becomes just like a normal humbucker then? I havent really got anything to trade and Im not sure what region we are talking.Any particular amp in question to give us a heads up?Ta[/quote]

:)

no comment

:)

[b]Busted![/b] :) I actually have a wanted add up for a 5 stringer as Im lending a Tony Levin OLP 5 at the moment for someone elses project where he wrote the basslines (See Dave barron link below) I dont want to spend too much as I might only use it sparingly and the Tony Levin is always there when I need it anyway.

Your Precision sounded fantastic through it, no hum & crystal clear - it's a beautiful looking bass too, you must be really pleased with it.

[quote name='CathalOC' post='1055577' date='Dec 12 2010, 12:23 AM']Sorry I didn't see your post until now, Lemon Cello.

Tazza1 - thanks for the amp. You are a gentleman![/quote]

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' post='1055734' date='Dec 12 2010, 10:08 AM'][b]Busted![/b] :) I actually have a wanted add up for a 5 stringer as Im lending a Tony Levin OLP 5 at the moment for someone elses project where he wrote the basslines (See Dave barron link below) I dont want to spend too much as I might only use it sparingly and the Tony Levin is always there when I need it anyway.[/quote]

I'm glad to see you're openminded :)

I've heard very good things about the Tony Levin one. Before I got my SUB5 I was keeping my eye out for one.

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' post='1055734' date='Dec 12 2010, 10:08 AM'][b]Busted![/b] :) I actually have a wanted add up for a 5 stringer as Im lending a Tony Levin OLP 5 at the moment for someone elses project where he wrote the basslines (See Dave barron link below) I dont want to spend too much as I might only use it sparingly and the Tony Levin is always there when I need it anyway.[/quote]

Nice stuff (Dave Barron's "One"). That will be fun to play live!