Why become a member? ×

1976 Jazz Bass

Cat Burrito

As is so often the case, this is a recent acquisition for me that is staying within the Basschat family. Fluffo had this for sale. I love Jazz basses, I love beat up mojo instruments and I struggle with the thin Jazz necks, preferring a Precision profile. So this ticked all the boxes for me & I struggle to think of another Basschat member who this would have been screaming out to have been bought by.

It's an Ebony 1976 Fender Precision Fretless neck that has since been fretted (good job too!), old 70s cream Dimarzio pickups and an old 70s body (almost certainly not proper Fender & more likely some old Japcrap). I added the heavy flats and pickup covers to give it my own stamp. Enjoy...

[quote name='Hobbayne' post='1050883' date='Dec 7 2010, 07:05 PM']I think that is a 1977 neck you got there, IRC they changed the lettering in early 77 from the heavier font used previously.[/quote]
Oh OK, thanks for that. It's never an exact science dating these things

[quote name='Hobbayne' post='1050883' date='Dec 7 2010, 07:05 PM']I think that is a 1977 neck you got there, IRC they changed the lettering in early 77 from the heavier font used previously.[/quote]

I think it was 76 when the Big TV logo swapped to the smaller font so could be a 76