Why become a member? ×

NOW SOLD - Fender Bassman 400 Pro - NOW SOLD

james_guitar

This item is no longer available. It's been traded for Basswesty's Phil Jones 8b Cab.

Thanks for all the interest...

I am either selling or trading this amp as I am currently looking for a separate head and cab for future and in the mean time am going to borrow my girlfriends' Galline Krueger rig until I have found the right one for me.

(All of my gigs are double bass, so my tonal requirements have have changed somewhat and I need a lot more headroom before feedback for the Piezo pickup).

Fender made this amp around the time they purchased SWR and largely based the design on the SWR Super Redhead. Unfortunately, they no longer make this range, but they're still commonly used by professional musicians (I originally went for it as most of my fellow muso friends use them).

I originally purchased this amp for £1000. It either runs at 350 watts as a standalone combo, or 500 watts with an extension cab. As you can see from the picture, this is the 2x12 version (Eminence speakers), which includes 'Room Balance and built-in 'Compression' controls. It also comes with a neat rackmount tuner. It's not in perfect cosmetic condition, as one of the tone controls look wonky, but it is in perfect working condition and and the amp sounds fantastic.

[url="http://www.gak.co.uk/en/fender-400-pro/2223"]click for further specs and information from GAK...[/url]

Feel free to post any questions regarding this amp and I will do my best to answer to the best of my ability. Thanks,

James

P.S. I have had a couple of messages demanding that I state a price, so I will comply to this by adding that I'm looking for £500 (or in the case of a trade, an item equivalent or near to original cost of the item - £1000). I simply can't list every thing that I would possibly consider trading for this, but I would be very tempted by a good Neodynium speaker cabinet or pro head. Thanks.

I also have an extension cab for sale, but am willing to sell separately...

Pro series 1x15 cab, 350 watts, 8 ohm, weight = 61lbs, H.18.5", W.25.5", D.18.5" (Eminence speaker)

Edited by james_guitar

[quote name='james_guitar' post='1046860' date='Dec 3 2010, 09:41 PM']As you can see from the picture, this is the 2x12 version (Eminence speakers),

[/quote]

Are you sure that it's a 2x12"? Looking at the width of the standard rackmount tuner built in which is 19" wide I'd say that the drivers have to be 10"... Aren't they!

Just a heads up but as you are advertising it for sale you're obliged to put a price up mate. :)

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Rich' post='1060690' date='Dec 16 2010, 04:06 PM']James, you have another PM. Please add asking prices to this and your other sale thread ASAP.[/quote]

The original post has now been edited. Thanks for making me aware of forum selling rule no.5.

Am happy to make any other changes if necessary.