Why become a member? ×

Are there any cheap(ish) small 500watt power amps?

dave_bass5

Seeing as im selling my LMII ill not have a back up rig. I was thinking of getting another small head next year as i will need it for another band but i also wondered if just getting a small, digital power amp and running it from my BDDI might also work, and be cheaper.
The main thing is it must be small enough to fit in a suit bag ro gig bag, so no full sized rack gear.
I've looked around and there are a few but these are about £400+, i might as well get a second hand head of some sort for that price or a Ashdown LG1000

I know there are some amps designed to go in cars but im not sure how well these work.

Any thoughts?

Edited by dave_bass5

Cheers Gareth.

I cant decide what i want to do. Im selling the LMII as i dont use it at the moment and could do with the money. I will need a small head at some point next year though. If i go that route then i dont want to spend much as it might only be used 3 or 4 times.

The other option is to spend more but get rid of my SA450 as well. If i do that then something like the Shuttle would be perfect as ill use it every week and can also carry it around.

Im also interested in Clarky's TC classic but i need to look in to that and see what the pro's and cons are, and aslo how it will differ tone wise from the MB heads.....and find the money of course.

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='1046325' date='Dec 3 2010, 01:42 PM']Cheers Gareth.

I cant decide what i want to do. Im selling the LMII as i dont use it at the moment and could do with the money. I will need a small head at some point next year though. If i go that route then i dont want to spend much as it might only be used 3 or 4 times.

The other option is to spend more but get rid of my SA450 as well. If i do that then something like the Shuttle would be perfect as ill use it every week and can also carry it around.

Im also interested in Clarky's TC classic but i need to look in to that and see what the pro's and cons are, and aslo how it will differ tone wise from the MB heads.....and find the money of course.[/quote]

Ah, got ya.

If you fancy a change, the Shuttle 9.0 would be different, as would the TC amps.

If you sold the SA450, the 9.0 and Classic would make a nice, but different sounding, pair of amps. :)

Of course, thats if you still want two amps, and if you want to sell the SA450!

[quote name='Musicman20' post='1046333' date='Dec 3 2010, 01:48 PM']Ah, got ya.

If you fancy a change, the Shuttle 9.0 would be different, as would the TC amps.

If you sold the SA450, the 9.0 and Classic would make a nice, but different sounding, pair of amps. :)

Of course, thats if you still want two amps, and if you want to sell the SA450![/quote]

Ideally i really only want one small amp so im more than willing to sell the SA450. I run it almost flat anyway so im sure any other head would work for me.