Why become a member? ×

SOLD: Ibanez SR496 W/EMG 45Js & BQS Pre-amp

TheButler

Hey folks,

I am kinda undecided about this, i need money and don't really use this bass as much as my 4 strings and have only gigged it once so logic tells me i should let it go :)

Basically, it has been upgraded with EMG 40J pups and i think it has the BQS pre-amp in it, i'll have to confirm this. It has a mahogany body, bubigna and wenge neck, which has a really nice slim profile. 17 mm string spacing. Almost new D'addrio strings on it. No real signs of use really, a slight scratch on the cavity cover, that's it really. Also, a really tight B string :huh: Also, has dunlop strap locks on it.

It has a really clear, punchy tone. it doesn't have LOADS of low end thunder but through my H&K rig it is still very tight and strong ;)

I'll take some pics of it in it's rather beaten up Peavey HSC that i'll be including with it ;)

Best Regards, Jamie

I paid $550 for this, that isn't including the VAT charges. I think £275 is a very reasonable asking price.

Edited by TheButler

[quote name='Beneath It All' post='120247' date='Jan 14 2008, 05:32 PM']According to their website,EMG 40J's are for 5 string???[/quote]

I meant 45J's I can never remember which it is :) Thanks for pointing that out tho' and saving me from further humiliation :huh:

I will post up much better, higher res pics tomorrow. These ones that i pulled from the thread i purchased it off will have to suffice just now.