Why become a member? ×

Warwick Infinity Fretless 5

Faithless

I'm selling this on my friend's behalf, as he ain't a user of this forum and most folks around here know me enough..

So, a quote..

* CUSTOM MODEL WARWICK INFINITY 5 STRING FRETLESS BASS ON SALE !!!

Mint condition bass, no scratches, no damage, looks just like new. ( SPECIAL EDITION: NO FRET MARKERS ON FINGERBOARD, EBONY FINGERBOARD, STAIN HIGH POLISH FINISH !!! )

* Neck-through-design
* 5-string fretless bass
* There are NO fret-markers on the fingerboard !!! At the edge of the fingerboard the frets are marked with dot inlays at the 3rd, 5th, 7th, 9th, 12th, 15th, 17th, 19th, 21st and 24th fret. The 12th and 24th fret are each marked with 2 dots !!!
* Ovangkol hollow body, AAAA Birdseye Maple top (book-matched) with f-holes
* Birdseye Maple Neck
* EBONY FINGERBOARD !!!
* Scale length: 34" (long scale)
* 24 frets
* Active MEC J/TJ pickups
* Active MEC 3-way electronics
* STAIN HIGH POLISH FINISH !!!
* Warwick tuners
* 2-piece Warwick bridge
* Warwick security locks
* Black hardware
* Just-A-Nut III
* Active/Passive switch
* 4,3 kg (5-string)
* Warwick "User Kit"
* Including Warwick flight case by RockCase®

Pics here - [url="http://img526.imageshack.us/slideshow/webplayer.php?id=dscn3368hc.jpg"]http://img526.imageshack.us/slideshow/webp...=dscn3368hc.jpg[/url]

The bass is now located at Bass Gallery, London.

Rough price is [s]3000£[/s] 2500£ and seller is able to negotiate, I think. (These very basses go for£5300 RRP, so, it's up to You to judge if the price is right :) )

Ask anything you want to know about the bass (I'll forward messages to the actual seller..)

If you're interested in buying this, please contact me first.

cheers
Faith

Edited by Faithless

[quote name='Faithless' post='1045559' date='Dec 2 2010, 08:00 PM'].....
* CUSTOM MODEL WARWICK INFINITY 5 STRING FRETLESS BASS ON SALE !!!

Mint condition bass, no scratches, no damage, looks just like new. ( SPECIAL EDITION: NO FRET MARKERS ON FINGERBOARD, EBONY FINGERBOARD, STAIN HIGH POLISH FINISH !!! )
....[/quote]

That's a very pretty bass, and if it was a 4-stringer I'd be painfully tempted. But it ain't no "Custom Model" or "Special Edition" - the default Warwick spec for fretless is an ebony fingerboard with no markers on the board, and Stain High Polish is one of the standard finish options. So you could buy this bass new from any Warwick dealer. Admittedly, it would set you back £5300 RRP though!!

Good luck with the sale - cos the longer it stays on here, the more likely I am to succumb to temptation!

Edited by mart

[quote name='Faithless' post='1046076' date='Dec 3 2010, 10:27 AM']Well, Mr. Mart must be right about 'custom' thing.. Though, I was told that this bass specs were the best available(and the most expensive, I assume) you could get when ordering..[/quote]

Yep, going by the current Warwick UK pricelist, that spec makes that Infinity just about the most expensive bass Warwick do (apart from the insanely priced signature models).

[quote name='Faithless' post='1045559' date='Dec 2 2010, 08:00 PM']* Active MEC J/TJ pickups
* Active MEC 3-way electronics[/quote]

If you don't mind, could you tell me what the electronics do ? Does it allow you two mix the 3 pickups any way you want (like, for instance, 2 blends ?) or is the double-jazz at the bridge just effectively a single pickup ?

Andy

So, what I've been told..

It's actually two pickups, and you can mix them as follows:

Active/active
Active/pasive
Passive/Active
Passive/Passive

Or you can turn this thing off at all (and have a complete 'passive' mode I believe..?)

You can, no doubt, mix those two pickups, like 33/67, or 50/50 or solo one pickup..

Hope this helps,
If there's anything else you might want to know, don't hesitate, I'll forward your questies to the owner straight away..

Faith

Edited by Faithless

If I may help (got the same bass, just fretted):

I have 1 stacked volume/balance pot, 1 mid pot and 1 stacked treble/bass pod.
Pulling the vol/bal pot puts the preamp in passive mode.
The twin J's normally run as 1 pickup wired in parallel mode. Pulling the treble/bass pot switches off the "middle" half of the twin J, so only the outer coil works as a normal J-singlecoil. So effectively you can switch between J/TJ and J/J configuration.

Should be the same on this lovely fretless, I guess.

Anyway, have a free bump on me and good luck selling this beauty. :)

Janis

• 3 months later...