Why become a member? ×

Fender Jazz Bass Body, USA- Now Sold

Hello Ladies and Gents,

ok what I have here is a fender highway jazz bass body in poor shape that I accquired off of a bloke quite a long time ago, a few years, with the intention of fixing up but its sat under my bed gathering dust, so I thought I might move it on before my upcoming holiday. As I said its a highway one body, alder, probbably a year 2000 one.
It was oiginally a sunburst color, but was then resprayed black by sims custom shop at some point.

Now the ugly bit, at some point its been hacked at, looks like its been sanded then chiseled in some places, real poor job, but with a good deep sanding from a belt sander it can be restored to a nice even surface ready to be resprayed, this was my intention when I bought it but I just wont get around to doing it. It will turn out to be a nice bit of wood and would make a great body once its all sanded and refinished, its just whether you have the time to do it. On the plus side the pickup routes are the nice tight ones not the great cavernous holes you now find on some USA standards.

Anyways here are some pics, would anyone like to make an offer? I can post to anywhere, will be boxed and bubblewrapped or you can come and pick it up I live in Morden in Surrey. Ideally a cheque or cash would be preffered for payment.

IMG]http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i257/kevbass/Picture010.jpg[/IMG]

Edited by kevbass

Actually, I 've gone off the new USA Jazz, I have one and I prefer my older model, like kevbass says, the USA newer models seem to have huge pickup routing, you also have to leave the pick guard on too....which is annoying, so this little number is looking attractive to me.

Pm'd kev.