Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

from the other side of the canal

BASIC5

Cheers!

Thought it was time to make a proper introduction, after a while looking around on the forum.

my name is Ron and I live in the land of dutchies. I started with the bass at 13 year old and now some 30 years later, still enjoy it.
My heart lies with the jazz/ funk like Incognito / Mezzoforte and I am starting a band in this style.

The gear:

the Markbass is changed to a Aguilar SC500 on the two GS112's
a wonderful old Tobias basic5 like you see on the avatar.
a heavily modified fretless Washburn 6-string,
a double bass, which doesn't leave the house
not on this picture; an Ibanez BTB456 6-string with a Noll-preamp, 4 string Kramer

My main bass is a Mike Lull M5V. After a visit at Bass People in Sydney (great shop!!) I fell for this bass, always thought that it was just another Fender copy, but NOT!

have a good one!

Ron

Never heard of a Mike Lull bass till i read your post and looked them up. At those prices im afraid I am out of the running to own one at the moment. They do look most excellant basses to play, especially the V4 Lake Placid Blue with the hipshot bridge and tuner and Lindy Fralin Pickups. Oh well, one day maybe.

A warm welcome to the Forum. :)

Thanks guys and Miss Yorick?? :)

@ Daz: I like your under script, but I want the extra string for the lows, sounds much better, feel better with it.
The Mike Lull is a high standard bass, like Sadowsky, or maybe Overwater. Never played on the last one, but I reckon that's a good comparison. If you have the chance to try the ML, it is just a matter of time...

Cheers!

[quote name='BASIC5' post='1044598' date='Dec 2 2010, 07:16 AM']Thanks guys and Miss Yorick?? :)

@ Daz: I like your under script, but I want the extra string for the lows, sounds much better, feel better with it.
The Mike Lull is a high standard bass, like Sadowsky, or maybe Overwater. Never played on the last one, but I reckon that's a good comparison. If you have the chance to try the ML, it is just a matter of time...

Cheers![/quote]

Ron... that's just my avatar!!!!

Nige