Why become a member? ×

Fender Stu Hamm Urge 2

Jesso

Hi everyone.
Up for sale is my gigging bass for the past few years.
I've owned it from new.
It's a Stu Hamm signature model, and it's pretty tricked out. Don't think I've seen one of these come up before, which must make it quite rare.

Both J and P pickups, alder body, maple neck, 34" scale, drop D tuner, active EQ, 24 frets.... Made in America.

It plays nice and fast with a good low action, it sounds great, very full and quite modern.

Very versatile, can either do the full on P or J thing, or a blend of both.
Weight is 9lbs.

Condition is good.... but it's been my main gigging bass for nearly 3 years... so it's picked up a few cosmetic dings, including a small chunk out of the fretboard on the underside of the neck at the 12th fret. Don't have a clue how it happened! Un noticable when playing anyway.
Also has some light buckle rash.
Oh yeah, and the volume knob isn't original... the original fell off and was replaced with a black fender precision style metal one.
I've tried to get all the damage in the photos, but I'll take some more tomorrow.

I'm not really sure what it's worth, cos these never come up, but I'm asking £850... feel free to tell me if that price is too high/low.

Trade wise, I'm only after P basses. Especially Japs. Hit me up.

I'm based in Ireland, but I've no problem shipping at buyers expense. Bass would be very well packed. Comes with original fender tweed case.

Edited by Jesso

Just great ive always fancied one of these, great colour too!!! id say your price is fine mate as these dont come up often, id be curious to know if the JJ setting actualy sounds like a jazz bass as the spacing is a it diffrent, the P is in the same place though, a great idea, and id prefer it too the original which is a short scale!! does it have the through body stringing?

Edited by lee650

[quote name='lee650' post='1036842' date='Nov 25 2010, 07:52 PM']Just great ive always fancied one of these, great colour too!!! id say your price is fine mate as these dont come up often, id be curious to know if the JJ setting actualy sounds like a jazz bass as the spacing is a it diffrent, the P is in the same place though, a great idea, and id prefer it too the original which is a short scale!! does it have the through body stringing?[/quote]

Yep it's through body stringing.
The jazz setting sounds pretty close to but not quite the same as a real jazz. It's never gunna sound the same with the different spacing!
The precision setting is kinda like a more modern version of a P bass.... a bit smoother and less growly, but still pretty close to the real thing.... does a very similar job of sitting in the mix like a real P. A little bit different than a real P, but not in a bad way.

[quote name='Jesso' post='1036784' date='Nov 25 2010, 07:12 PM']I'm not really sure what it's worth, cos these never come up, but I'm asking £950... feel free to tell me if that price is too high/low.[/quote]

OK, it's too high! I'll give you 50% of that price and I'll pay you tomorrow; PM me with details on how you want paying. :)

[quote name='Chris2112' post='1037258' date='Nov 26 2010, 01:11 AM']These are great basses, Stuart always sounded great on his (although I understand he is now playing EMG equipped Washburn electrics, we'll see how long that lasts). I know how much these basses mean to Stu and I can confirm they are excellent basses.[/quote]

Thanks Chris.
@Warwickhunt.... I suppose I walked into that one!

[quote name='Jesso' post='1036784' date='Nov 25 2010, 07:12 PM']Hi everyone.
Up for sale is my gigging bass for the past few years.
I've owned it from new.
It's a Stu Hamm signature model, and it's pretty tricked out. Don't think I've seen one of these come up before, which must make it quite rare.

Both J and P pickups, alder body, maple neck, 34" scale, drop D tuner, active EQ, 24 frets.... Made in America.

It plays nice and fast with a good low action, it sounds great, very full and quite modern.

Very versatile, can either do the full on P or J thing, or a blend of both.
Weight is 9lbs.

Condition is good.... but it's been my main gigging bass for nearly 3 years... so it's picked up a few cosmetic dings, including a small chunk out of the fretboard on the underside of the neck at the 12th fret. Don't have a clue how it happened! Un noticable when playing anyway.
Also has some light buckle rash.
Oh yeah, and the volume knob isn't original... the original fell off and was replaced with a black fender precision style metal one.
I've tried to get all the damage in the photos, but I'll take some more tomorrow.

Asking £850.

Trade wise, try me!

I'm based in Ireland, but I've no problem shipping at buyers expense. Bass would be very well packed. Comes with original fender tweed case.

[/quote]

[quote name='Jesso' post='1042800' date='Nov 30 2010, 07:32 PM']A few interesting trade propositions, but nothing that would quite suit me yet... so....
I'd take[u][b] €[/b][/u]850 for her posted.[/quote]

That does seriously look like the Euro symbol as opposed to the £ :)

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='1044459' date='Dec 1 2010, 10:55 PM']That does seriously look like the Euro symbol as opposed to the £ :)[/quote]

Doh! Easy mistake to make! Just to clarify, I dropped the price to 850 of your English Pounds, as opposed to worthless euros!