Why become a member? ×

New Fender Gear!!

JMT3781

Just had the fender rep in the shop, with a new bass rig that will be hitting stores in the next couple of months...

Its a "neo" extension to the entry level rumble series.. but there isn't anything entry level about these rigs.

the rig consists of a 2x8, 1x12 and 350w head.

Cant write too much of a review, as i only got a quick go.. but from what i could tell, its going to be a great rig for small gigs.. the cabs are light and round sounding. The head is simple and has some useful features. Also, there are little grooves for the head to sit in on the cab... which are magnetic!

prices.. head will be about 350 ish, each cab around the 300 mark.. we've ordered one for the shop, but definitely one to check out!

That 112 looks great! Not shure about the tweeter switching though (full/off/-6dB) but 500W@8ohm would be perfect for my shuttle 9.0! Would love to see more pics on the back and sides. Can't see the handle on the web pics but it has feets to be stand on it's side (using as reference the pis on-line). Had they been as smart as Promethean with a recessed handle? That's the only flaw i can put in my incoming GB STL-12T...

[quote name='Ghost_Bass' post='1033472' date='Nov 23 2010, 02:32 AM']That 112 looks great! Not shure about the tweeter switching though (full/off/-6dB) but 500W@8ohm would be perfect for my shuttle 9.0! Would love to see more pics on the back and sides. Can't see the handle on the web pics but it has feets to be stand on it's side (using as reference the pis on-line). Had they been as smart as Promethean with a recessed handle? That's the only flaw i can put in my incoming GB STL-12T...[/quote]

they aren't 500 watt, thats the peak power (it'll do 500w, but wont do much else after :))

i think on the back it says they are 150w, or maybe 200.

the tweeter switching actually works very well, the -6 setting being the best of the three imo

[quote name='Musicman20' post='1033564' date='Nov 23 2010, 09:32 AM']Yeah, they are advertising them at their peak wattage...which is a clever scheme!

Thos Shuttle cabinets are supposedly SUPER nice, but dont crank that 9.0!

PS - How are you getting on with the 9.0?[/quote]

Very bad! :)

It was due to arrive in the beginning of last week from the US but (probably with that NATO's c**p conference) it's still held in customs... i'm waiting for a reply from them to see what's happening with it!

It's a shame Jeff hasn't yet realized that he has no other cab appart from the Uber 410 capable to crank up the 9.0... how about some STL's 12T with 500W@8ohm? Shurely Eminence has drivers capable of handling that without breaking a sweat!

Back to the topic, i've seen the cabs on Thomann and they were being sold as 500W@8ohm cabs, no info on the peak subject (clever guys). I also coudn't find the specs for them on Fender's site... any usefull link, anyone? I was curious about they're freq range but now that i know they're only 200W i'm happy again for nailing that STL-12T!
The price is very appealing (298€, around £255) but in the search i've stumbled in another interesting thing:
Back to the off-topic:
[url="http://www.thomann.de/pt/eden_ex_112.htm"]http://www.thomann.de/pt/eden_ex_112.htm[/url]
Same price as the Fender but i can't see any tweeter in it though they state this is a full range cab (implying that it has highs?!!).

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='JMT3781' post='1032690' date='Nov 22 2010, 02:50 PM']yeah.. after checking out the online prices.. thinking twice about ordering them in.. those online prices are about 100 quid less than the rep has quoted us as RRP's... Long live the internet lol![/quote]

sadly thats fender for you :)