Why become a member? ×

Fender 1976 Jazz Bass, Immaculate. ++SOLD++

phsycoandy

Great looking 1976 Jazz. All original, bar the scratch plate and the thumb rest, which came out of my bits box.

Pickups are dated '76 as are the pots etc, original chrome pickup and bridge covers including the mute. Finish is fabulous and deep, some very light belt rash on the rear and single small wear mark. The front is as the pictures, with a small wear mark where the peculiar metal scratch plate (which was fitted when I got her) has worn away the finish on the top horn a little where it fits.

At some point the pickup cover has been fitted in the bridge pickup cover position, goodness knows why! so there is one extra lower screw hole in the body (see pic 6) and some wear where the bridge cover mounted to the body( again see pic 6), these are all covered by the bridge chrome cover. There are absolutely no other extra routs or screw holes.

I have lots of pics of the nuts and bolts etc if folk want, just PM me for these and about any questions please.

Obviously the scratch plate is not original and you would need to get hold of the correct one or not bother and leave it as is, but bar that and the thumb rest, either way she is an absolute stunner. Weight is 10lbs 2oz on my scales. The sound is sublime, with no electronics issues at all.

Some pics and a price at [s][u]£1875 ono or trades plus cash[/u][/s]. [b]Price drop to £1775[/b].Comes shipped insured for £20 and a hard case as pictured.

Edited by phsycoandy

[quote name='phsycoandy' post='1027000' date='Nov 17 2010, 03:57 PM']Great looking 1976 Jazz. All original, bar the scratch plate and the thumb rest, which came out of my bits box.

Pickups are dated '76 as are the pots etc, original pickup and bridge covers including the mute. Finish is fabulous and deep, some very light belt rash on the rear and single small wear mark. The front is as the pictures, with a small wear mark where the peculiar metal scratch plate (which was fitted) has worn away the finish on the top horn a little.

At some point the pickup cover has been fitted in the bridge pickup cover position, goodness knows why! so there is one extra lower hole in the body (see pic 6) and some wear where the bridge cover mounted to the body( again see pic 6), these are all covered by the bridge chrome cover. There are absolutely no other routs or screw holes.

I have lots of pics of the nuts and bolts etc if folk want, just PM me for these and about any questions please.

Obviously the scratch plate is not original, but bar that and the thumb rest, she is a absolute stunner. Weight is 10lbs 2oz on my scales. The sound is sublime, with no electronics issues at all.

Some pics and a price at £1875. Comes shipped insured for £20 and a hard case as pictured.

[/quote]

What a great bass you have there

Thanks folks for the comments, she sure is a picture. Some pics as requested of the rear....... the rear of the neck is absolutely mint with no dents, scrapes, wear or anything, bullet truss is fine and neck is straight with medium to low action. Tiny bit of fret wear, but nothing really.

[quote name='Schnozzalee' post='1027117' date='Nov 17 2010, 05:41 PM']Only way to improve that is a new tortoise shell pickguard. Absolute blinder, don't how you get your basses to shine so much more than mine :)[/quote]
Just a quick Mr Sheen! use the same on my bald head! :)