Why become a member? ×

Ashdown bass drive plus pedal VU meter and dial broken...

StevieD_FenderP2009

Hey

I've got an Ashdown Bass Drive Plus distortion pedal, great pedal, but it's broken in 2 ways...

A: VU meter won't light up and sometimes doesn't give a reading. I've opened the pedal up and it's not loose or anything so I'm just going to replace the VU. Any recomendations on which one to use to replace it? I would like one that lights up as well. Preferably the original yellow or a blue colour.

B: LF Drive knob is broken, a friend was a little to over-easy with it and ended up making it so that I could spin the knob round without it stopping so yeah, i need to know what sort of knob to replace it with.

I need some help ASAP as I'll be using the distortion pedal with a wah-wah for an up-coming gig so yeah, please help

Cheers
Stevie

[quote name='StevieD_FenderP2009' post='1025820' date='Nov 16 2010, 01:14 PM']Oh really? Well that's fair enough. I've heard before though that Ashdown are REALLY protective over their VU meters and will only sell them to you after you've passed a rigorous questionnaire which is why I think it'll probably be easier to just find replacements somewhere else
Cheers for the reply though[/quote]

I suspect that the VU meter will probably be designed for the pedal and thus ones from the likes of RS and Maplin probably won't fit anyway. - Just speculating, I'm not 100% certain of that. I'd need to see a schematic diagram to be able to see what current meter they use.

As for the value of LF pot', well that is likely to be stamped on the back or side of the pot' itself. Again, a schematic diagram of the pedal would tell you also.

[quote name='cheddatom' post='1025494' date='Nov 16 2010, 08:19 AM']I reckon ashdown would do the replacement parts if you ask them[/quote]

I asked about a new battery cover and the response back was
"We don't carry spare parts for our effects pedals, a replacement is not possible"